theblarney
theblarney Posts: 102
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Im looking at a new bike this year and looking at the following 2013 bikes:
Giant Trace X2
Specialized Camber
Scott Spark 960

I wondered if anyone had experience or advice to offer on any of these.

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• tezboy1234
    tezboy1234 Posts: 132
    I don't really know anything about these bikes, but have you considered getting a previous years model? You'll get more for your money. This all depends weather the bike shops have any left of course. Try browsing sites like Pauls Cycles, Winstanleys and Bike Discount.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    tezboy1234 wrote:
    have you considered getting a previous years model? You'll get more for your money. This all depends weather the bike shops have any left of course. Try browsing sites like Pauls Cycles, Winstanleys and Bike Discount.

Absolutely correct.

The Trance is an excellent bike. The 2013 x2 is broadly similar to the 2011 or 2012 X3 spec wise, so if you can pick one of those up from Pauls you'll be quids in.

The Camber will be a 29er I presume.

At this price range also consider Canyon.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Pauls cycles has the 2011 trance x2 for just under 1500 which is a bargain.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b4s1p350 ... CE-X2-2011
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • I sold my 2011 Trance X2 but it was an amazing bike. I'm a large lad and feel the step up to the Canyon Strive was justified as it just feels like it was designed to carry someone of my build over the terrain i ride. The Trance got me back into mountain biking after 15years and it did it well. Everyone i let ride it couldn't believe how well it rode and how stiff the front end was on-top of the way it just accelerated. These were people that owned 2011 Stumpjumper FSR, Prophet 2's and various other Specialized bikes.

I tested the Specialized range when looking to get back into bikes but none of them felt as good as the Giant for me anyway.
    2011 Giant Trance X2 - SOLD
    2012 Canyon Strive ES8