Anyone cancelling a ride this weekend?

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
Supposed to be doing the Cam 2 Coast ride tomorrow, but having taken a look at tomorrow's weather (Snowing and -1degrees in Cambridge, snowing and a balmy 1 degree in Southend) I'm going to give a miss. I don't mind cold weather but riding for 75 miles in a snowstorm is just not my idea of fun, and we do this cycle riding thing to have fun don't we? My mate who's dad was giving a lift to Cambridge phoned earlier today to can the ride so I've got an excuse and someone else to blame, but the truth is I don't want to spend 5+ hours riding in snow and freezing temperatures.

Anyone else giving the weekend sportive a miss or is it just me?

Comments

• Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    Yes,

I was due to 200k audax, however I have a slight cold and with slippery road conditions I have taken view that it is more profitable to earn some additional domestic bonus points instead!
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Possibly. Booked in for a 60 mile sportive, which will be over 80 miles if I cycle there back. Not looking forward to it. With a biting 25 mph easterly wind it will be brutal. Kind of hoping we'll have a deluge of snow Saturday morning so it gets postponed.

Forecasters saying cold weather to last until after easter :(
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I wasnt going anyway (miiiles away from me) but Evans Cycles have cancelled both their sportives (Road & MTB) in Scotland this weekend - an expensive weekend for them...!
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Yes was on the Cheshire Cat but been cancelled a good choice wouldn't be much fun in this shite weather. Been moved to July now bonus.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Just done two hours on the turbo in the garage, thinking that it even though it was tedious beyond belief, I watched the snow coming down and knowing I'd made exactly the right decision!!
  • Jangs
    Jangs Posts: 10
    ...this does challenge 'No bad weather just bad clothing...'. What would be the 'Full Metal Jacket', the wish list of warm, breathable gear for this weather...

'Being still is not doing nothing.'