warning-traps-around-hope-valley

jimmypippa
jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
edited March 2013 in Routes
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ope-valley

Saw this

Thought it worth mentioning here..
chrisfixed - Member

For all those riding near and around the beast any time soon. I passed through this morning and was all clear. But returning through the same area about 5 hours later, found that some GRADE A F##K WIT!! had pulled logs and branches across bridleways everywhere, built dry stone walls IN the exits of corners! and worst of all, A F##KING WIRE STRUNG AT HEAD HIGHT BETWEEN AN OPEN GATE !!!! I took that one down, but can't say if there's any more in the area, Watch out!

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    People were doing this at Hamsterly the other month - cheese wire at neck height!

It was also on North West Tonight over Christmas about the same thing happening near Littleborough.
    Bloody Walkers
  • jimmypippa
    compo wrote:
    People were doing this at Hamsterly the other month - cheese wire at neck height!

It was also on North West Tonight over Christmas about the same thing happening near Littleborough.
    Bloody Walkers

Oi I resemble that remark.
    I'm sure that there is no copycat element.
    <runs back to commuting>
  • compo
    There might not be a copycat element but it shows that the walkers are getting militant
  • jimmypippa
    Do you get much aggro with militant walkers?

Most of the MTBers I know are also hillwalkers/fellrunners. I tend to only find walking interesting where I can't ride.

4x4s are another matter.
  • compo
    I get a bit, but I ride in a busy area when I'm in Bolton.

Mostly its the
    "You can't ride that on here"
    "Its a Bridleway..."
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    compo wrote:

Bloody Walkers

Well thats shit me right up. I live in Littleborough!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • j_watson
    j_watson Posts: 27
    this was reported at dovestones res in greenfield a few months ago also. cowards.
    VeeDubYA!
  • jimmypippa
    compo wrote:
    I get a bit, but I ride in a busy area when I'm in Bolton.

Mostly its the
    "You can't ride that on here"
    "Its a Bridleway..."

I look at that and my first thought is that they are probably ramblers, then I wonder if that is unfair.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    Nope, just the right way to think about things. Seriously, who else has a problem?
    Advocate of disc brakes.