No Excuses

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
only one distance... discuss...

Comments

• Very sensible decision by the organisers. The weather was clearly 'adverse', all riders still got a good well organised sportive ride with a great feed stop and no one had a wasted journey by cancelling g the whole event!
    Oh and it was free.
    Brilliant.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    I agree with that to be honest.

There was a lot of moaning about the start area and the roads were quite full if you started a bit later on.

But by the time I finished just after half 10 it was raining really hard and the wind had got up even more.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Very sensible decision by the organisers. The weather was clearly 'adverse', all riders still got a good well organised sportive ride with a great feed stop and no one had a wasted journey by cancelling g the whole event!
    Oh and it was free.
    Brilliant.

I agree - I followed a line of people leaning about 15 degrees sideways into the wind!

When you say free, did you get a refund?
    Insert bike here:
  • Refunds will be processed today I believe, all riders were invited to donate their entry fee to Prostate Cancer by 21st March, if you didn't choose to do so your refund should be processed shortly.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    I didnt realise that...will see if its back in my account and then manually donate it back (somehow)