Ride London 100 - charity places - today only

Kaina
Kaina Posts: 19
Hi everyone,

We are Doctors of the World UK and we have the chance to buy some places in the Ride London 100. The problem is, we have to decide and confirm by tomorrow and don't want to take the risk of buying places and not being able to fill them.

This is why I am first trying to find out whether there is any interest in charity places. Is anyone here keen on taking part and ready to commit to taking a charity place? Registration will be £50 and fundraising target £450.

Please let me know by 6pm today by sending an email to events@doctorsoftheworld.org.uk.

Best wishes,
Smaranda

Comments

• Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    Kaina,

Have you spoken to other charities to see what their current take up rate is like?
  • Kaina
    Hi Stedman,

That's a good question and the answer is yes, I have. The responses differ and mostly the size of the charity determines the take up rate. The big ones tell me that the places are selling themselves and that they sold out long time ago, other smaller charities seem to be struggling. We are in the small category so this is why I want to make sure there is an interest before we commit to anything.

Best wishes,
    Smaranda
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Kaina wrote:
    Hi Stedman,

That's a good question and the answer is yes, I have. The responses differ and mostly the size of the charity determines the take up rate. The big ones tell me that the places are selling themselves and that they sold out long time ago, other smaller charities seem to be struggling. We are in the small category so this is why I want to make sure there is an interest before we commit to anything.

Best wishes,
    Smaranda

Hi Smaranda, Have you now filled the places?
  • Kaina
    Hi Velonutter,

We didn't get enough interest so we didn't purchase them anymore, but if you are interested I know that Starfish Greathearts Foundation have guaranteed places and are looking for cyclists. http://www.starfishcharity.org/get-invo ... 82013.aspx
  • Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    I have just been advised that the National Autistic Society still have a couple of places.

If you give Kate Donohue a call on 020 7903 3663 or email kate.donohue@nas.org .uk she will also be happy to help.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Thanks Smaranda, my son is trying them.

Thanks Stedman, I have sent him the details as a backup.
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    What happens if you don't raise the figure asked for by the charity?
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • If any one is still looking for a charity place - please consider Bliss, the newborn baby charity. They help families whose babies are born too soon, too small, too sick. They give valuable help when people need it most.

Have a look at their website for further details, or just to spread the word: http://www.bliss.org.uk/take-action/pru ... de-london/. It's a £50 registration fee and a fundraising pledge of £500.

Happy riding, folks!
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    Please no more super fit engurance engines likr steadman for the NAS team I dont want to be the last man home :oops: :roll:

Seriously come join the NAS team a great cause and will be a good day out
    Insert witty signature here