Is this the best looking bike ever?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That Cube looks hideous.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It's ******* hideous. I bet if you asked your man in the LBS he'd tell you that the average purchaser age is 45 so had their prime "growing up" in the eighties and is recapturing their youth.
    sorry Fkuc that for a thought.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Hideous.
    Now, if it had of been acid yellow, then... maybe a different story. Of course, get rid of the blue and green. And redesign the frame too...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    nicklouse wrote:
    It's ******* hideous. I bet if you asked your man in the LBS he'd tell you that the average purchaser age is 45 so had their prime "growing up" in the eighties and is recapturing their youth.
    sorry Fkuc that for a thought.

I know, I know, but I'm just trying to rationalise why the OP (and anyone else) would like something that is just so gopping.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    actually I am serious.

Every time you post another pic like that I'm going to punch a kitten.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    All bad points aside, I do like the blue forks, on the right bike they'd look pretty sweet.
  • bobbydeak
    bobbydeak Posts: 49
    Team Brazil.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    This is what a great looking bike looks like:

599527d1298672841-new-ritchey-29er-rsz_2p29.jpg
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • theraggyone
    theraggyone Posts: 147
    It looks like a Care Bear took a dump on it.

Couldnt describe it better if I tried, just spat hot choc all over my lounge laughing after reading that
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Monty Dog wrote:
    This is what a great looking bike looks like:

599527d1298672841-new-ritchey-29er-rsz_2p29.jpg

These are gorgeous, IMHO, the best looking 29" wheeled mtb.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    supersonic wrote:
    Or this:

GT%20Force%20carbon%202013.jpg

I do like this, but it's not as good looking as the GT downhill bike; don't know the model off hand.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    supersonic wrote:
    Or this:

GT%20Force%20carbon%202013.jpg
    NEWSFLASH - Exclusive scoop

There is surprise forum wide as Supersonic posts a picture of a GT and says it's a great bike, has this ever happened before???????

Oh yeah, about a Trillion times already!

Actualy it is a nice looking bike......

But the more I see that Cube, the more I loath it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • OK that Ritchey is gorgeous. A bit retro but in a sort of good way. I love the paint job. Can you actually buy those bikes or do they only sell the frame?

The GT on the other hand....sorry but it just looks awful imo and very cheap looking. I know it probably costs thousands but it looks like one of those bikes you can buy from argos for £100.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The GT on the other hand....sorry but it just looks awful imo and very cheap looking. I know it probably costs thousands but it looks like one of those bikes you can buy from argos for £100.
    Should have gone to specsavers then!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Levi_501
    OK that Ritchey is gorgeous. A bit retro but in a sort of good way. I love the paint job. Can you actually buy those bikes or do they only sell the frame?

IIRC the frame is something like 7-800GBP and I would assume the whole bike would be getting on for 2k - only a guess.

I must confess, I do really like the look of them. I have even thoguht about buying a frame (build it up) to see how I would get on with 29" wheels on a weekend basis :shock:
  • Creedy
    Creedy Posts: 13
    I like that Richie so much just had a look to see where I can get one!! Thing of beauty. I'd be scared to take it out!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    There's one of the original ritchey frames with that paintjob hung up in my LBS, they look virtually identical!
  • Levi_501
    I do not know why, IMHO, steel frames (for some reason) just look right.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    OK that Ritchey is gorgeous. A bit retro but in a sort of good way. I love the paint job. Can you actually buy those bikes or do they only sell the frame?

Ok, you've had your fun fishing. You can go now. In fact if you genuinely believe that the Cube is the best looking bike ever and (to use your own metaphor) DOESN'T look like a £100 Argos job then I suggest Specsavers is your first port of call.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    cube Attention 29er in green yellow..

pics dont do this justice but my local bike shop had this bike in store and it is stunning. Far better looking than the dull black version or any other cube bike. all the cube bikes look great but just saying.. the spec aint as good as what you can get on an older model like the 2012 ltd (29" wheels aside) but it is a gorgeous looking bike.

No.

ibis-mojo-hd-prop-big.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    actually I am serious.

Every time you post another pic like that I'm going to punch a kitten.

I just nearly choked when i read this, the feeling is mutual damn that is a sickening bike.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    actually I am serious. Can't believe no one likes it apart from one guy!
      is it this guy ?
      357tpi.jpg
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
    • OK that Ritchey is gorgeous. A bit retro but in a sort of good way. I love the paint job. Can you actually buy those bikes or do they only sell the frame?

Ok, you've had your fun fishing. You can go now. In fact if you genuinely believe that the Cube is the best looking bike ever and (to use your own metaphor) DOESN'T look like a £100 Argos job then I suggest Specsavers is your first port of call.

Give me some credit! I was not fishing or trolling, I am not that sad I don't do that kind of thing. I was being genuine when I posted the thread. It does look better in person and I know it is a 'marmite' looking bike they said that in the shop. After reading all these comments though I gotta admit thinking maybe you guys do have a point.
    • supersonic
      supersonic Posts: 82,708
    • chrisw333
      chrisw333 Posts: 695
      I'm not too sure about the GT either. No doubt a great bike, but the looks aren't anything special.

Now this on the other hand...

bright_orange.jpg

and they do a 29er too....

Solaris.jpg
    • chrisw333 wrote:
      I'm not too sure about the GT either. No doubt a great bike, but the looks aren't anything special.

Now this on the other hand...

bright_orange.jpg

what bike is that?