A visit from the fairy....

tomhowells
tomhowells Posts: 171
edited March 2013 in Road general
After my last visit from the p******* fairy, where I was stranded with sub standard tyre levers, tyres I couldn't actually get off & a pump that was as much use as an asthmatic mouse, I decided to kit myself out with decent gear. A quick trip to Wiggle then.
I got myself some Ultra Gatorskins, Park Tools tyre levers & patches, a Topeak micro rocket AL pump & a Topeak Aero wedge saddle bag.

On tonights ride, about 5 miles from home, the fairy called again. I am happy to report that everything performed with aplomb (apart from the mechanic!) and I was on my way within 15 mins. The majority of the time was spent trying to get the damn tyre off in the first place, and then get the bugger back on!

I would definitely recommend the levers, patches & pump. Made it as easy as could be to an absolute novice like me to fix the tube at the side of the road & be on my way again. The tyres? I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it is extra flinty where I ride & the rims on my bike may be larger than most. They are pretty cut up though!

Happy trails!
Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
Moda Intro - Winter
Planet X Stealth - TT

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Yeah I hate the getting off and getting back on part, the rest is easy!

15mins is pretty good going!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    changing tyres is a pain in the winter as the rubber refuses to stretch due to the coldness. Numb fingers dont help either lol