The DW thread

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
OK, great subject.
Who has been to DisneyWorld, where did you stop, good points, bad points, would you go back, do you want to go ?

Why?

Don't really understand the 'attraction'.

Just taking the pi55 whilst I wait for some primer to dry, 15 minutes between coats 2 coats, 3 top coats, 3 clear lacquer coats, lots of hanging around and I'm getting very idle now :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    It's a mickey mouse outfit :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Haven't been and don't really care if I never do.

Mrs Slog always wanted to take the kids to the one near Paris, but they are 18 and 21 now, so it looks as if I got away with it. At the time when they might have liked it, we were too broke to go. To me it's always seemed too overdone.

The older I get, the better I was.

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Been to Eurodisney with the wife, went in January, bleeding cold but absolutely empty, never had to wait to go on anything. Think the trip cost me £250 for a weekend including accomodation. Biggest rip of were the restaurants in the hotels though, £20 for chicken Nuggets and Chips. Ended up eating at an Esso garage down the road on a couple of nights and was infinately better.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Its full of Goofy fuggers
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    simonhead wrote:
    Been to Eurodisney with the wife, went in January, bleeding cold but absolutely empty, never had to wait to go on anything. Think the trip cost me £250 for a weekend including accomodation. Biggest rip of were the restaurants in the hotels though, £20 for chicken Nuggets and Chips. Ended up eating at an Esso garage down the road on a couple of nights and was infinately better.

Wow, you know how to treat a lady!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    took the kids to eurodizzy, as we thought they would enjoy, they were totally underwhelmed, most fun they had was being allowed to stand up on the bendy bus on the way to the park everyday, that was the best ride by far. Had a much better time at legoland.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Thats hardly in the spirit of the thread is it? How much money did you spend?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ah man, I was looking forward to posting about Disney till I knew it was just a wind up :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    One of our partners owns the hotel opposite wet n wild which is great. We get it for free which is a bonus and the kids love it.
    Living MY dream.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHH

Disneyland is my idea of hell

However my mother has been banging on about taking the kids for a while and so I finally caved in. Just this week we booked a 3 night stay at Disney Paris.

It sounds awful but part of me hopes it's a pile of cr4p and everyone gets fed up with the queues and the people dressed as Mickey mouse. Overpriced fast food, overpriced hotels and overpriced tickets are not my idea of fun. Alton Towers is a fraction of the price and probably more enjoyable.

Anyways I'll report back on our return.

Does anyone have any tips on making my 2 and a bit days a little better than sticking needles in my eyes.

Kids are 6 and 8, the grandparents are in their 50's and I expect to age a few years within the space of 3 days :x
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    quality time with your kids, their enjoyment should be yours, you'll enjoy it more cos your not looking forward to it
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    And would the moving fancy pants Disney adverts that keep appearing on my bikeradar just feck off
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    team47b wrote:
    OK, great subject.
    Who has been to DisneyWorld, where did you stop, good points, bad points, would you go back, do you want to go ?

Why?

Don't really understand the 'attraction'.

Just taking the pi55 whilst I wait for some primer to dry, 15 minutes between coats 2 coats, 3 top coats, 3 clear lacquer coats, lots of hanging around and I'm getting very idle now :D

There are not suppose to be any bad points about Disney World, though I have not been there. Kept telling my ex girlfriend that relationships were not made in DW, otherwise all would be perfect. We eventually split up, fOOking narcissistic biatch. Hate it when people think things should be perfect. Are they fudge mofo!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    "fOOking narcissistic biatch"

What costume does this Disney character wear? :D

Any other Disney characters you'd like to see...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Don't go. You will have this tune on your brain for ever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIabgPX14R4

It's a small world, after all. Its a small world............aghhhhh.