The LV thread

2»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Frank Sinatra's room.
    I've eaten and shopped with the wife at Caesars but as said, not stayed their at the hotel. I will one day though.
    If you go to San Fran it's worth a relatively short drive to napa, it would have to be amongst he best cycling route in the USA, quiet, peaceful scenery with the most wonderful atmosphere.
    I wish I was there right now.
    Living MY dream.
  • i meant cycling in cisco itself, the ridiculous hills are fun enough when ur p*ssed and in the back of a taxi! not to mention lombard street.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Jeasus man, only a complete nutter would cycle in the Bay Area :)
    I'd be so knackered after one small hill and then if that were not enough punishment I'd get side swiped by a speeding tram and that's the end of Vtech !! :(
    Living MY dream.
  • has anyone been in jan/feb time? when i went in late nov/dec last year it wasnt cold (for us brits at list), you could get away with shorts and t shirt in the sun (and had the pools been open would have happily used them), bit nippy at night, but no more than a jumper required if you feel the cold. we managed in long sleeve shirts.

can anyone comment on the other winter months?
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Philly8mt wrote:
    could never understand why people would prefer to visit a city when the US has such amazing natural sights, as some one once said "i'd rather live on the side of a mountain than wander through canyons of concrete and steel"

Best of both worlds .. I did Route 66 .. Started Chicago and flew back from L.A

Three weeks in all, spending two days in Las Vegas. Flew over the Grand Canyon, day in San Fran and saw plenty of small town America also.

Great way to see the U.S. :D

P.S. My partner quite likes their handbags :lol:

sounds a great trip. small town america, where english people are a novelty is great fun! was that trip in car or rv?

Just me and a mate .. Did it in a car (Chrysler 300) .. I'd love to do it again one day.
    Still thinking of something clever to say!