Heads up on an AM bike deal

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited March 2013 in MTB general
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-er ... 61007.html

Bit heavy, but for the price will be good for some thrills. Top fork there too.

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Hybrid tyres with surprising sideways grips

Loving that translation.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • supersonic
    Ha yeah, the translation is bad on that site! Saw the bike in the flesh today, looks very well made.
  • 97th choice
    Mine had an FR10 in at one point, beast of a thing. Btwin frames are always decent and appear to be quite unique in design, not off the peg Merida catalogue stuff.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What's behind the funny swing arm extension up behind the seat tube? Some sort of mud guard?

Very SRAM orientated....the sooner Avid brakes catch up with Shimano the better!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    I think it's just a brace

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Top value for money. If that had Giant/Specialized/Trek/etc stickers on it the price would be at least double.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    OHH JEEZUZ!!! :shock: Where's the eye bleach?! :shock:

That is fugly!!

Its a decent spec but I've never heard of that model of rear shock, so that'd need changing before long, as would the tyres, cheapy michelins, no all michelins are death traps, especially ones with good sideways grip...
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    You can't grumble for that price though. Excellent value from Decathlon. Again.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    lawman wrote:
    but I've never heard of that model of rear shock, so that'd need changing before long, ..

As you've never heard of it how do you know? It may be excellent. There were a number of Canadian bikes running XFusion shocks and forks when we were out there and they seemed to be coping quite despite your perceived inadequacies.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    lawman wrote:
    but I've never heard of that model of rear shock, so that'd need changing before long, ..

As you've never heard of it how do you know? It may be excellent. There were a number of Canadian bikes running XFusion shocks and forks when we were out there and they seemed to be coping quite despite your perceived inadequacies.

he said the model, not the make
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    welshkev wrote:
    lawman wrote:

he said the model, not the make

Exactly my point, x-fusion make some excellent products, the new Slant fork looks like a great alternative to the fox 34, but their lower end shocks, as the decathlon has, have always been a bit hit and miss. It's not listed on their website so I presume its a cheap OE shock.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    the 'tech details' bit says its an 'o2 r' - maybe its just restickered for this bike?
  • supersonic
    The shock should be fine as is custom tuned and has a long stroke. At 900 quid you are getting a whole very well equiped bike for less than the pricf of most frames.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    I have an x fusion 02 r shock on my gt and have had no probs with it over a year of properly abusing it , only has rebound adjustment but that suits me.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Geometry looks, erm, scary...
    lawman wrote:
    Its a decent spec but I've never heard of that model of rear shock, so that'd need changing before long, as would the tyres, cheapy michelins, no all michelins are death traps, especially ones with good sideways grip...
    I believe the ad said "surprising sideways grip", surprising being the key word! I don't my tyres to surprise me! haha :lol:
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5