I'm A Virgin

Vandiesel
Vandiesel Posts: 506
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Evening all,
I'm Andy and very new to the Forum and biking too! I have a my first road bike that I wil be picking up on Saturday being a Giant TCR C3 2012 and cant wait! As I'm sure most of you know it comes in a solid white, blue and black. My question is I'm not loving the blue at all and wondered how and if its possible to change this from blue to black? I take it this is sprayed on from factory rather a sticker or transfer..
Any help or advice would be brilliant.
Thanks,
Andy
Giant TCR Composite 3

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Learn to love it as it is or cancel the order! It will be paint under lacquer and the amount it will cost to get it nicely redone would be better spent on buying a better bike in a colour scheme you like. ;)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Vandiesel
    Rolf F wrote:
    Learn to love it as it is or cancel the order! It will be paint under lacquer and the amount it will cost to get it nicely redone would be better spent on buying a better bike in a colour scheme you like. ;)
    Thanks mate, I think your dead right! I must'nt grumble as it was a steal!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Rolf F wrote:

^-^ as above really. It will be base paint with colour & probably transfers (the logos etc) under a lacquer coat so could be costly to resolve.

Think you won't care after about 2 minutes of riding it though as your first proper road bike I'm sure you'll be in love with it in under the 120 seconds of riding it.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    They all look the same under three inches of mud...
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Evening all,
    I'm Andy and very new to the Forum and biking too! I have a my first road bike that I wil be picking up on Saturday being a Giant TCR C3 2012 and cant wait! As I'm sure most of you know it comes in a solid white, blue and black. My question is I'm not loving the blue at all and wondered how and if its possible to change this from blue to black? I take it this is sprayed on from factory rather a sticker or transfer..
    Any help or advice would be brilliant.
    Thanks,
    Andy

You bought the wrong bike then didnt you.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Vandiesel
    Thanks for the "positive" feed back chaps.
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    I did a similar thing, bought a bike that was too good an offer to refuse but the colour wasn't really me (brown Spesh BTW). It didn't stop me from getting out on it whenever I could. It's surprising what you can do with different colour bar tape & bottle cages etc to alter the look of the bike as well and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your bike :D
  • Vandiesel
    Canny lad wrote:
    I did a similar thing, bought a bike that was too good an offer to refuse but the colour wasn't really me (brown Spesh BTW). It didn't stop me from getting out on it whenever I could. It's surprising what you can do with different colour bar tape & bottle cages etc to alter the look of the bike as well and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your bike :D
    Thanks Canny, I'm constantly lookin through the "Your road bikes thread" probably a mistake drooling over the wonderful quality bikes! I have a few ideas ;)
    Thanks for the welcome btw
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Would not have thought a bit of blue was the worse colour to live with.
    The bike is mainly white isn't it? If you like a white bike with black on then blue is pretty close to black.

Its all personal taste of coarse and I totally agree that its a big plus if you love how your bike looks as well as rides.
    I am just trying to be positive and say that as being stuck with a colour of bike to get a good deal goes, it could be a whole lot worse :wink:

I did not like how my bike looked in the shop (I actually wanted the next one down as it looked nicer) but I bling'd it up and love how it looks now.
  • Vandiesel
    Carbonator wrote:
    Would not have thought a bit of blue was the worse colour to live with.
    The bike is mainly white isn't it? If you like a white bike with black on then blue is pretty close to black.

Its all personal taste of coarse and I totally agree that its a big plus if you love how your bike looks as well as rides.
    I am just trying to be positive and say that as being stuck with a colour of bike to get a good deal goes, it could be a whole lot worse :wink:

I did not like how my bike looked in the shop (I actually wanted the next one down as it looked nicer) but I bling'd it up and love how it looks now.
    I suppose its the Tart coming out in me tbh! Iknow how much I'm going to love it for what it is rather than what it looks like, albeit I love the white & black theme going on in my life :mrgreen:
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    It's good to see that you've quickly spotted the most important aspect of road cycling
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Vandiesel wrote:

I suppose its the Tart coming out in me tbh! Iknow how much I'm going to love it for what it is rather than what it looks like, albeit I love the white & black theme going on in my life :mrgreen:

You will have an Assos jersey before long then :lol:

I like black and white. Maybe a bit more 50/50 or more black than white than what I think the Giant is.
    Colour coding like that can lead to a penguin look if not carful though :shock:

Have fun on the new bike :P
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    We used to cover our bikes with Castrol GTX stickers. Then again, we used to peg cards to the seatstays.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Stop worrying about what it looks like and get out and ride it!
  • Vandiesel
    Stop worrying about what it looks like and get out and ride it!
    I notice you like the black & white theme too Matt :mrgreen: I agree and can't wait!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    You will have an Assos jersey before long then

Or Rapha!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875