Fake oakleys????

Zingaro134
Zingaro134 Posts: 38
edited March 2013 in Road general
I clicked on an add on facebook earlier and it brought me to the website http://www.outlet-oakley.com/oakley-new-arrivals.html ........ I went out of it , and just there now tried to go back onto what i thought was the oakley website and i came to this site http://uk.oakley.com/store/products/men ... Ns=p_price>>>> is it a fake or what???

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    The first link sure seems fake with those prices, at those prices though its worth a pop. The second link is the real deal.

Try this place if you want discounted genuine specs http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/oakley-m ... tAodG18APw
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Fake kit is a waste for several reasons.
    1) as they are fake they are not liable to have eye protection so would be better off with a £3 pair of tesco UV glasses.
    2) who would want to be known for wearing fake ? its as chavvy as wearing a onesie to an opera.
    Living MY dream.
  • goonz
    1. I would be willing to at least get a pair to have them checked out to find out at least what sort of protection these cheap jobs afford your eyes.

2. I would not care a jot what someone else thinks about what I am wearing.
  • I also seen somewhere that real lenses fit in the fake frames,I think it would be worth a go
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Fake lenses could be very dodgy. If they're jut dark with no uv protection then you let more uv into the eye. Which isn't good. And the shatter test. At least you know oakleys won't let you down there.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    goonz wrote:
    1. I would be willing to at least get a pair to have them checked out to find out at least what sort of protection these cheap jobs afford your eyes.

Dont take offence but that really is barmy, you dont grow another pair of eyes when they go tits up !
    If you cant afford genuine dont buy fake, your better off buying cheaper tested glasses from the likes of decathlon as they will still have had to pass UV tests and wont cause you issues.
    Living MY dream.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Fake frames real lenses would be fine. Although I agree with Vtech you mareswell just get a reasonable pair of cycling glasses which will probably average out at around the same quality.
  • goonz
    VTech wrote:
    goonz wrote:

Dont take offence but that really is barmy, you dont grow another pair of eyes when they go tits up !
    If you cant afford genuine dont buy fake, your better off buying cheaper tested glasses from the likes of decathlon as they will still have had to pass UV tests and wont cause you issues.

Dont get me wrong I would not wear them with fake lenses, I would most likely fit real lenses into the fake frame. I had an authentic pair of Jawbones so I know all about the quality difference but if I can get a decent looking Radar frame and then get some genuine lenses to fit then it shouldnt be too bad...
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    lawrences wrote:
    Fake frames real lenses would be fine. Although I agree with Vtech you mareswell just get a reasonable pair of cycling glasses which will probably average out at around the same quality.

I wear these, they do the job without the ridiculous Oakley price tag. Decathlon is an excellent place.

arroyo-grey-pack.jpg
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    goonz wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    goonz wrote:

Dont get me wrong I would not wear them with fake lenses, I would most likely fit real lenses into the fake frame. I had an authentic pair of Jawbones so I know all about the quality difference but if I can get a decent looking Radar frame and then get some genuine lenses to fit then it shouldnt be too bad...

I've done this. Put genuine ear socks, nose piece and lenses and I cannot tell the difference between these and my real Oakleys.
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    goonz wrote:

I've done this. Put genuine ear socks, nose piece and lenses and I cannot tell the difference between these and my real Oakleys.

This, fake frames or not I will only use genuine oakley lenses, or other high end quality optical lenses. Cheap stuff is no comparison, I've tried them all.

Using the fake frames with legit lenses is a pretty good way to get the best of both worlds.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    A friend bought some a month ago. Everything looked fine and the price was about 80% of what other on line companies were quoting. When he got them, he read the 'Warrany'.

Yep, that was how it was spelt... and he realised he had paid £85 for a £10 pair of sunglasses.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • goonz
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    A friend bought some a month ago. Everything looked fine and the price was about 80% of what other on line companies were quoting. When he got them, he read the 'Warrany'.

Yep, that was how it was spelt... and he realised he had paid £85 for a £10 pair of sunglasses.

Exactly so your mate paid £85 for a pair of foakleys rather than the original link in the OP which sells them for c£20, why not try them at that price right?
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    Bar Shaker wrote:

This is why I would never buy Oakleys from anywhere other than a local legit retailer. There's so much fake Oakley stuff on line its crazy. Bad luck for your mate though.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Zingaro134 wrote:
    I also seen somewhere that real lenses fit in the fake frames,I think it would be worth a go

Yep, I only use real Oakley lenses and they fitted perfectly in my Jaw bones, I haven't tried them with my radars, but would have thought they would be fine.