Chavanel phones in sick....

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
edited March 2013 in Pro race
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14173 ... nremo.aspx

Did a great ride on Sunday, hope he's thawed out and ready for this weekend.

Maybe Boonen was wise to call it a day when he did.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Shame he was looking strong, but worth resting him for a few days I guess
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Go for victory in a monument and risk getting ill and not being able to ride Dwars. No brainer.

file.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpgfile.php?avatar=435085_1363538605.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • This is on Sky Sports, but not live. It's also called something Straight Across Flanders.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    This is on Sky Sports, but not live. It's also called something Straight Across Flanders.

I see that it's a whopping 30 minutes of highlights at some ungodly hour, too.
    Gent-Wevelgem too, it seems.

To those who think the idea of Sky Sports taking over cycling coverage is such a great thing.
    Dwars has been shown live by a number of free to air channels, (also decent net feeds) over the past several years, as were the other races listed here:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13224 ... races.aspx

All bar the Ronde gone, to be replaced by feeds of the low quality we suffered for the Omloop Het N/V. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    This is on Sky Sports, but not live. It's also called something Straight Across Flanders.

I see that it's a whopping 30 minutes of highlights at some ungodly hour, too.
    Gent-Wevelgem too, it seems.

To those who think the idea of Sky Sports taking over cycling coverage is such a great thing.
    Dwars has been shown live by a number of free to air channels, (also decent net feeds) over the past several years, as were the other races listed here:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13224 ... races.aspx

All bar the Ronde gone, to be replaced by feeds of the low quality we suffered for the Omloop Het N/V. :(

Fair point there - have Sky but don't pay for the sports channels as can't justify the cost as am not a big football, golf, F1 fan. So quite happy paying and having Eurosport.

If Sky are buying up the rights to races & then (a) not giving them the coverage they deserve & (b) asking me to pay for lots of their channels as I assume they won't always show the cycling on the same channel? Then they are not convincing me to part with any more cash I'm afraid.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.