Canyon Strive Sizing

liamcarr
liamcarr Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Looking to buy a 2013 Canyon Strive 9.0SL in the next couple of weeks, I've used there size calculator and it's throwing out a small but reading on some forums people are saying go for a medium. I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam, has anyone got any advice? or even better anyone near bristol have one i can sit on? preferably a small. cheers

Comments

• In my opinion you need a small. The ride height of the Strive and therefore the standover is quite tall because of the 160mm travel.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Sorry to confuse matters.

My mate is 5'7" and has a small Strive. I'm 5'8" (no inseam measurement I'm afraid), rode it, and it felt a bit small. But the medium might feel a bit big. It does seem we're right in between sizes. Either will be ok I'd think, but I'd be tempted to go medium if it were me.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    ask here mate viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920&hilit=canyon&start=840 lots of canyon owners
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • nisarga
    nisarga Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I'm 6 ft 5 and half inch tall (194 cm) and Canyon's sizing tool recommended to me L size of the Strive. Does anybody with similar height ride "L" sized Strive? Canyon also says, that "L" size is recommended for heights above 6 ft 2" (186 cm). Do you think, that I'm too tall for Strive?
    I used to ride Giant Trance XL with 110mm stem before which was actually little bit bigger for me, so 90mm stem was solution. A I know, L sized Strive has 70mm stem.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts...