Wiggle is dangerous!!!

feemackenzie
feemackenzie Posts: 130
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
Finally I have got round to ordering a Garmin Edge 500 from Wiggle - I'll take my chance with reconditioned ones at £118. But, the dhB bib shorts have fallen into my basket as well.

Wiggle = Dangerous.

Can't wait to try the new purchases and hide them away from Mrs M :-)
Felt z95 - loving my first road bike

Comments

• my basket seems to have the same problem
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Tell her the Haribo cost £118 and the bike stuff was FOC.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They do have their site set up really well. Apart from logging in everything really is just a click away, even returns!
    I had an issue with them at the end of last year so make the effort to shop elsewhere now (unless its significantly cheaper) and other sites are a pain by comparison!
    Had often ordered from wiggle even if slightly more expensive, just because it was easier.
    They can be sneaky, but as long as you are aware of that then its a great site.
    I filled in a survey for chainreaction and told them to just copy wiggle!

I am loving my Edge 500. Its quite easy to hide from mrs (it does not even show on training centre when disconnected) but I think the mount on my bike may have given the game away :(
  • Tell me about it, I went on the other day to buy some bib shorts, then thought, oh, maybe some legwarmers... and arm warmers.. ooh, that jersey is nice... wow, those shoes are cheap on offer... I could probably do with a windproof top too...

Next thing I know, I've spent about £300! :oops:
    2015 Specialized Tarmac Expert Ultegra
    2016 Focus Mares CX Ultegra
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp Carbon 29
    2012 Boardman Road Race 105
    2013 Specialized Hardrock Disc
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Well, you can only blame....

...yourself
  • BigDaddyG
    BigDaddyG Posts: 63
    FergySteve wrote:
    Tell me about it, I went on the other day to buy some bib shorts, then thought, oh, maybe some legwarmers... and arm warmers.. ooh, that jersey is nice... wow, those shoes are cheap on offer... I could probably do with a windproof top too...

Next thing I know, I've spent about £300! :oops:

Apart from the actual riding the shopping for shiney's is the best bit.............nothing like seeing the white and Orange box sat in your porch when you get home from a long day at work

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I REALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY needed that new windproof jacket!!! :lol:
    Summer - Wilier la Triestina
    Winter - Trek 1.2
    Turbo bike - Trek 1.2
    I love my Trek 1.2
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I've run out of email address for the spend 50 get 5 off voucher, been through all my personal ones [6] all the temporary ones at work [4] and my parents [2]!! need more!!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Men get erections over shopping thread?

Tragic
  • iPete
    tell me about it, getting excited about gadgets and shiny things, taken up the wrong sport

oh wait :lol:
  • Finally I have got round to ordering a Garmin Edge 500 from Wiggle - I'll take my chance with reconditioned ones at £118. But, the dhB bib shorts have fallen into my basket as well.

Wiggle = Dangerous.

How do you know those products are dangerous if you havent even tried them? What makes you think they are dangerous?
  • Anonymous
    In which part of that quote did the OP say that any of the products were dangerous?
    Why quote somebody and comment without reading what they have said?

I think buying a reconditioned unit is living a little dangerously, but thats personal choice :wink:
    If his mrs finds out he could be in for a whole load of danger I guess, and if she is keeping tabs on him on here, its coming sooner than he thinks :lol:
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    iPete wrote:
    I've run out of email address for the spend 50 get 5 off voucher, been through all my personal ones [6] all the temporary ones at work [4] and my parents [2]!! need more!!

I thought you just had to cancel your newsletter request, and then re-request it, and each time you get a new code.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • iPete
    Daniel B wrote:
    iPete wrote:

I thought you just had to cancel your newsletter request, and then re-request it, and each time you get a new code.

That worked a while back, used to get a code for amending any details but they put an end to it!
  • @cheaterkiller: love the reply - I just know there dangerous; they'll increase my ride time which already is laughable (go out for 2 hrs, get lost and come back 4 hours later)

@carbonator: I agree I'm taking a wee chance but after buying my first road bike in January, new Look pedals and shoes the £1000 mark already is dangerously behind me; so a nod to being sensible is the re-cond ones. Wiggle state the units have been back to garmin, software/hardware replaced and updated, and offer a normal warranty so prepared to chance it.

Now, I need Glasgow to get rid of the wet, cold stuff.
  • Remember to use Topcashback when using Wiggle, CRC, Evans, Cyclestore etc - get @ 3% + cashback which is a lot better than supermarket "loyalty" cards and soon adds up - trust me!

Got a 1TB Samsung External HD for £21 due to my TCB purchases of only about 4 months.

Personally I prefer CRC - Chain Reaction Cycles - primarily because they have very frequent & sometimes crazy sales and also because they have a phone number to speak to an actual person - even though whenever I do speak to them I just can't get the image of the Phonejacker out my head!

Think CRC have uprgaded their online CS recently too - used to have to wait a few days for a response. Recently used them and got a response the same day and a resolution the day after. May just have been a quiet time.

Wiggle are a good store too though. Ordered a tyre Monday, free delivery, arrived yesterday - I really don't get who pays for postage any more!
  • Crimmey
    Crimmey Posts: 207
    Don't forget easter is coming up where EVERY retailer starts to fight for your hard earned pennies. Promos galore, so you will be spending even more!!
  • Anonymous
    Wiggle are a good store too though. Ordered a tyre Monday, free delivery, arrived yesterday - I really don't get who pays for postage any more!

Anyone who forgets to uncheck the £3.99 option on wiggle :lol:

I did it once :oops: but once bitten, twice shy :evil:
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    How's this for Wiggle service...ordered my Garmin 800 from Handtec due to cracking price. Ordered 800 plus cadence as already have HRM and hoped it would be shipped on Monday. Status stayed at processing so called them at 10 when they opened And they said it hadn't shipped as cadence was out of stock. Decided to cancel.

Found Performance pack on Burroughs for similar price and emailed Wiggle to price match. They came back in an hour with code and ordered it about 14.00 with free postage.

Got home today and it had been delivered to a neighbour- total time from order to delivery about 20 hours!

You gotta love 'em!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I made full use of Wiggles free delivery/returns policy last year when choosing my ideal helmet. I must have ordered around 7 helmets from them which all went back. At one point I had 3 helmets at home in Wiggle boxes and my wife was going spare!

In the end I didnt even buy my helmet from Wiggle, however as they were so good with CS every time I do make a point to try to buy from them first although I also like CRC if they have my sizes in stock!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • apjs87
    apjs87 Posts: 35
    Just ordered a Sram quickview, DHB bibs and a DHB soft shell. Thank god its pay day tomorrow!
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    iPete wrote:

If you'd stuck to 1 email you'd have a 12% loyalty discount by now.
  • iPete
    lawrences wrote:
    iPete wrote:

If you'd stuck to 1 email you'd have a 12% loyalty discount by now.

I have 1 account and have been platinum for longer than I'd like to admit :oops: but they send you a £5 off £50 voucher for any email address that is registered to the mailing list, doesn't have to be your account email.
  • and wiggle remains dangerous - Gatorskins needed Koolstops in the basket to be friends, and some SIS tablets just to fill the box.

let's not talk about the dhb jacket and windslam top last month.

Love it and the key thing - the kit is getting used in the sun and rain :-)
  • Just made my first order with Wiggle, OK it was only an inner tube but it was cheaper and in stock as my usual suppier (CRC) didn't have a cheap inner tube in my size in stock. I can see my ordering more and more off there is CRC doesn't have it.

I have a feeling Wiggle is going to be my bit on the side and I already feel like I've cheated on CRC :?
  • Everytime I order something from Wiggle ... I aways seem to end up ordering an extra couple of bits and pieces just because it's on offer and I know I'm going to need it eventually.

Just be sure to log out when you're done, as their "Personal Discount" section of "your account" shows how much you've spent in the last 12 months ... oops, lol :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Over here in the States I have the same problem with Nashbar. Just can't seem to get off their site without more than I initally wanted. Although my real downfall is bike shops. They are just like bookstores for me. I can't enter one without buying something.
  • Don't I know it, moments after finally deciding what that vital thing I wanted to order was, I'm off researching the next thing :(
  • I need to spend £163 by the end of September or my platinum discount goes... woe is me.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I need to spend £163 by the end of September or my platinum discount goes... woe is me.

I can give you a list of things I need if you like :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • IT IS

I was shocked when I was awarded as a Platinum 12% Discount Member for spending over £1700 in 365 days :shock:
    Now it did include a bike but Wiggle seems to be my lazy 1st stop for anything bike related.

even more dangerous is the free Haribo Sweets they throw in :D