Phones

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Good of them to post up driver excuses but still think the caught & charged rate needs some work though.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    It made me laugh the other day I flagged down a bloke that was driving the wrong way down a one way street, I then realised he was on his phone and said "if you get off your phone and pay attention it might help." Some sanctimonious twunt on the pavement shouted at me that there was a cycle lane. I told him I knew and that there was no law stating I should use it.
    Did the guy actually think not using a cycle lane was as bad as driving the wrong way down a one way street whilst yapping on the phone?
  • The research shows that using the phone is at least as dangerous as being drunk. So surely the punishment should be the same.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    At least you get penalty point now, used to be £30 fpn and that was that. So now cuaght 4 times and auto banned. Should be more though.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    We're still lagging behind our North American cousins, though - almost a third of U.S. drivers admit to texting whilst driving.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    DrLex wrote:
    We're still lagging behind our North American cousins, though - almost a third of U.S. drivers admit to texting whilst driving.

Why are we lagging behind them? Your link was a voluntary study of drivers not based on conviction rates. Plus in the USA they have more relax laws on mobile phone use whilst driving than we have in the UK.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.