Grand National Sweepstake

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,965
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Would you be interested in taking part in a sweepstake for the Grand National this year?

I've done this before on another forum with reasonable success (well, every horse was chosen), and we had a bit of fun in the process.

It would work as follows...

I nominate a charity on the "Just Giving" website, this will be MacMillan.
Each person wanting a horse/bet, will donate a minimum of £2 to this page for one draw
I take the names of those who have donated, and for each I pick a horse "out of the hat" in the usual fashion.
The person who picks the winner of the race (or the highest place should the winner stay in the hat) gets a £10 Wiggle voucher.

Important notes.
1. I will never see your money, you donate directly to the website.
2. The £10 Wiggle voucher is out of my pocket. ( EDIT providing I get enough YES votes to start with, I ain't coughing up a ten-spot if you're not going to play)

If you can see any flaws in the above or see something missing, please let me know.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Go for it Cap'n - McMillan is a great cause.

-Spider-
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Count me in.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    2 quid for 15 minutes excitement? Can't even get it that cheap from the local scrubbers - I'm in!
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Count me in, I must have at least a few quid in my copper coin mountain that I've accumulated.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • sign me up before i join GA...seriously!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    150+ views (not counting mine) and only 6 votes. I'll take that as a 'NO' then.

I'll have another go when the Boat Race comes up.

The older I get, the better I was.