Forum home Road cycling forum Amateur race

Podium Finishers 2013

ToksToks Posts: 1,143
edited August 2013 in Amateur race

Posts

  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    edited March 2013
    I was 2nd in the 2/3 race at MK Bowl on Saturday

    http://www.velouk.net/2013/03/19/result ... p-races-2/
  • okgookgo Posts: 4,368
    Good work from Maryka.

    I was 2nd in a rr on the 16th - 2/3
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • marykamaryka Posts: 745
    Thanks! Toks I'm :oops: that you started a thread with me at the top. :D

    Hopefully more to come this year as I'm on the comeback trail.

    Lots more to see from Rob (okgo) too, I have no doubt.
  • ozzzyosborn206ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    Well done!! two guys who were 1st and 2nd in the 3,4 are my team mates, unfortunately i had to do the E123 due to being 2nd cat. Felt rubbish so packed after half an hour to save myself for race next day.
  • ToksToks Posts: 1,143
    maryka wrote:
    Thanks! Toks I'm :oops: that you started a thread with me at the top. :D
    Well... it only seemed right in a Forum entitled "Amateur Race" that successful racers have their efforts acknowledged. No need to write a report just let us know if you made top 3 or not. Also a link to the result sheet would be nice too.
    maryka wrote:
    Hopefully more to come this year as I'm on the comeback trail.
    Indeed, glad to hear you're back, very inspiring. Hopefully you won't have to ride in such horrible conditions too many times this year :D
  • bigmatbigmat Posts: 5,108
    Had a win and a couple of seconds at Cyclopark 3/4s.

    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... in-SERRL-0

    Need to get back to racing / training - proper races appear to have started now!
  • ToksToks Posts: 1,143
    Nice work, dude. I'm sure that 2nd cat license will be on its way soon enough
  • celbianchicelbianchi Posts: 854
    I always like a bit of ego massaging. First win of the year for me:-
    http://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Default ... &tabid=109
  • oldwelshmanoldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    bigmat wrote:
    Had a win and a couple of seconds at Cyclopark 3/4s.

    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... in-SERRL-0

    Need to get back to racing / training - proper races appear to have started now!
    Sorry to hijack thread but do they do BCF masters and also lvrc at Gravesend? I just moved to Kent.
  • bigmatbigmat Posts: 5,108
    bigmat wrote:
    Had a win and a couple of seconds at Cyclopark 3/4s.

    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... in-SERRL-0

    Need to get back to racing / training - proper races appear to have started now!
    Sorry to hijack thread but do they do BCF masters and also lvrc at Gravesend? I just moved to Kent.

    There are LVRC races there very occasionally I think. There's definitely LVRC at Hog Hill, more regularly I think.

    Off topic - no podium finish this weekend but top 5 and now 2nd cat :D
  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    bigmat wrote:
    Off topic - no podium finish this weekend but top 5 and now 2nd cat :D

    Nice work. What was the race?
  • bigmatbigmat Posts: 5,108
    ju5t1n wrote:
    bigmat wrote:
    Off topic - no podium finish this weekend but top 5 and now 2nd cat :D

    Nice work. What was the race?


    Surrey League 3rd cat road race on Milland Hill circuit - 6 times up a 25% climb = pain!
  • ToksToks Posts: 1,143
    How's everyone been getting on? I'm too lazy to read reports these days. I went on to UKcyclesport for the first time in forever and found a couple of familiar names :wink:

    July 6, 2013 - Surrey League Tour of Sussex - Stage 1 -
    1 Rob Sharland (Okgo) Kingston Wheelers 8)
    2 Alex Ioannides Dulwich Paragon
    3 Richard Unwin VC Meudon

    WyndyMilla Seale race on Sunday 21st July
    1Maryka Sennema Kingston Wheelers 8)
    2Charmaine BrownPearson CC
    3Michelle Sellars Goscomb-BSR
  • okgookgo Posts: 4,368
    :)

    Few podiums of late, one on Sunday in mens seale race, I was 2nd in that tour of sussex in the 2nd stage, and in the overall, and won a SERRL race a few weeks back, along with winning a couple of TT's too. Been a pleasing season so far.

    Weekend gone was enough to secure 1st cat, which was a little target :)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • ToksToks Posts: 1,143
    okgo wrote:
    :)

    Few podiums of late, one on Sunday in mens seale race, I was 2nd in that tour of sussex in the 2nd stage, and in the overall, and won a SERRL race a few weeks back, along with winning a couple of TT's too. Been a pleasing season so far.

    Weekend gone was enough to secure 1st cat, which was a little target :)
    Congratulations mate, having just caught up with your blog - you've done in some style too. 8) I can remember a few years ago people complaining that it was a bit to easy to make 1st cat in the South East (easy points from a diet of circuit race wins) That definitley not the case in recent years :D
  • marykamaryka Posts: 745
    Toks wrote:
    How's everyone been getting on? I'm too lazy to read reports these days. I went on to UKcyclesport for the first time in forever and found a couple of familiar names :wink:

    WyndyMilla Seale race on Sunday 21st July
    1Maryka Sennema Kingston Wheelers 8)
    2Charmaine BrownPearson CC
    3Michelle Sellars Goscomb-BSR
    Cheers for that Toks. Been a rather inconsistent season for me which I suppose I can't be disappointed with given my lack of structured training and limited amount of racing I've done -- was nice to get a RR win finally though.
  • I finally got a win this year. My first in a road race and first as a 2nd Cat. The course finished with a nice little uphill sprint.

    http://www.swindon-rc.co.uk/index.php/events-list/154

    swindonrr.jpg
  • markynultymarkynulty Posts: 409
    I entered and won my first road race (first race of any kind actually) on the 18th August at the Oakenclough circuit run by CDNW. Was a great course and managed to bag 1st place. My results from my subsequent second race and first crit are not quite as good lol, and I think that I suit the more hilly / undulating courses. Cant wait until next season now to get into it properly.

    http://www.velouk.net/2013/08/18/result ... -event-16/
  • ToksToks Posts: 1,143
    I finally got a win this year. My first in a road race and first as a 2nd Cat. The course finished with a nice little uphill sprint.

    http://www.swindon-rc.co.uk/index.php/events-list/154[

    Yeah, proper race face, Chapeau :D
    markynulty wrote:
    I entered and won my first road race (first race of any kind actually) on the 18th August at the Oakenclough circuit run by CDNW. Was a great course and managed to bag 1st place. My results from my subsequent second race and first crit are not quite as good lol, and I think that I suit the more hilly / undulating courses. Cant wait until next season now to get into it properly.

    http://www.velouk.net/2013/08/18/result ... -event-16/
    Excellent, that's all the motivation you need to keep you training throughout the winter 8)
  • I finally got a win this year. My first in a road race and first as a 2nd Cat. The course finished with a nice little uphill sprint.

    http://www.swindon-rc.co.uk/index.php/events-list/154

    swindonrr.jpg

    Good ride and you crashed too didn't you? I must admit i expected my team mate to win it but think he went too early? He came 3rd in the end. I was pretty hacked off with getting a puncture halfway round 2nd lap, got a wheel change then missed a turn when chasing because marshals had moved on then got back on track and chased for a bit but couldn't even see the bunch and was getting stopped at junctions and all sorts so packed.
  • Good ride and you crashed too didn't you? I must admit i expected my team mate to win it but think he went too early? He came 3rd in the end. I was pretty hacked off with getting a puncture halfway round 2nd lap, got a wheel change then missed a turn when chasing because marshals had moved on then got back on track and chased for a bit but couldn't even see the bunch and was getting stopped at junctions and all sorts so packed.

    Thank you! I did indeed fall off on the second lap but managed to chase back on reasonably quickly. Sorry to hear about your puncture troubles. I know one guy ended up with both front and rear punctures. He got back after the first one but couldn't manage it after the second.

    Michael did jump pretty early. If he'd waited another 5 or 10 seconds it may have been different although I might have still got him. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.