My weekend bargain

marylogic
marylogic Posts: 355
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Weekend away with the in-laws

Managed to trade my place on the "girls trip to the spa" for a morning bike ride to the top of the Rest and Be Thankful

Nothing any spa could offer which would compare to cresting the hill after 250 metres ascent to see the snow capped Arrochar Alps bathed in sunlight :D
(ride back down was pretty good too)

Comments

• vmaxphil
    vmaxphil Posts: 20
    biker girl not girly girl impressed!
  • marylogic
    I think the in-laws all think I'm a bit weird now, but what I think is strange is wasting time and money in a spa when you could be out cycling.
  • robertsims
    robertsims Posts: 141
    marylogic wrote:
    I think the in-laws all think I'm a bit weird now, but what I think is strange is wasting time and money in a spa when you could be out cycling.

Please never underestimate the respect from all blokes you just gained with that comment! Top lady!
    Triban 3
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    RobertSims wrote:
    marylogic wrote:

Please never underestimate the respect from all blokes you just gained with that comment! Top lady!

....and no-one jumped in to suggest that the time could have been better spent cooking a wholesome meal for hubby. 8)
  • marylogic
    I've never tried food preparation whilst cycling. Perhaps I could rig up a chopping board on a handlebar bag. With the clever use of a dynamo it could double as a hot plate.

I'm surprised noone has thought of it before - what could possibly go wrong? :lol:
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    marylogic wrote:
    I've never tried food preparation whilst cycling. Perhaps I could rig up a chopping board on a handlebar bag. With the clever use of a dynamo it could double as a hot plate.

I'm surprised noone has thought of it before - what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

I like your thinking...... Dragons Den?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    marylogic wrote:

Hm I like your thinking but you need to come down from the clouds a bit! Maybe just connect a kettle and boil-in-the-bag meal to the dynamo.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Really impressed with you climbing up the Rest. Just gotta love Scotland at this time of year - cold, wet, windswept and stunning scenario. And the run back down ain't too bad either!
    Felt z95 - loving my first road bike
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    marylogic wrote:

Bike with a sidecar trolly? It would work like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFvomdhW2Y
  • marylogic
    I like her style!
    I note that she then eats the omlette herself rather than giving it to her husband. It would dispense with the need for pesky feed stations during sportives.

Right, I'm off to the patent office! Dragon's Den here I come!
    Really impressed with you climbing up the Rest. Just gotta love Scotland at this time of year - cold, wet, windswept and stunning scenario. And the run back down ain't too bad either!

Thanks feemackenzie, Not really feeling the love right now with amber snow warnings scuppering today's ride. But then if the weather was actually good here then it would be massively busy so can't have it both ways I suppose