gisburn forest 17th march

grant43
grant43 Posts: 170
edited April 2013 in Routes
went gisburn today in the snow,really good ride,hully gully was good fun in the mud went on the swoopy line for the first time all in all a good laugh only draw back a bent chain and the headset bearings seem to be beating each other up when you turn the bars another payout lol :(
keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol

Comments

• Was a gd ride , defo great fun doing the board walk covered in snow and Ice
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    Great ride at Gisburn today,and although we had a few mechanical s all the offers of help from passing riders were appreciated but had to be declined as grant43 had set off on a 30min round trip to the car park for spares lol, happy day's
  • Looks like just me and you on the next outing were u thinking we gettin one in before grant43 is back in business ??
  • grant43
    oh yes nice one you know who youre mates are lol,i wont be out of action too long hopefully, carpal tunnel surgery sucks
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    Looks like just me and you on the next outing were u thinking we gettin one in before grant43 is back in business ??
    Wasn't thinking of going to a trail center but if you fancy a cross country loop on the other side of the valley from Lee grant43 has got my number,We can hit Gisburn again when he's back in action
  • Haha I'm ur my friend grant43 and yeah big Dave sounds gd ill be in touch
  • grant43
    have to let us know when youre going ill meet you en route with the dog can use other hand for that getting bike fixed next week yippee
  • Think gonna hit Healey nab at weekend see if I can break my neck on some downhill haha
  • grant43
    just home from having my op,bit out of it on strong painkillers at the moment cant wait to get back on bike
  • Not long now were we going on our next hardtail outing
  • grant43
    fancy llandegla or cannock chase
  • grant43
    stitches out now,pick bike up tomorrow so be ready for action soon :D
  • And I've just bought us a nice trailer tent with two double bedrooms awning with lots of home comforts so we can go further a field now for the weekend and stay over no problem I was at whinlatt forest Easter weekend check it out cnt wait go back and hit the trails
  • MTB13
    MTB13 Posts: 29
    I need to visit Gisburn soon, it sounds pretty decent!
  • grant43
    yes gisburns pretty good but were spoilt because we live near lee quarry,and lee and cragg quarry are top places to ride,have to ak her indoors about the camping job lol