Parcel Force don't deliver bikes

fitnesswontlie
fitnesswontlie Posts: 88
edited March 2013 in Road general
Hi I am trying to get my bike delivered to me from my step brother as he's just had it built for me but now I am struggling to get a courier to deliver it as they all seem to have issues with bikes.

Does anyone know of a good service that will let me have it sent up and does it have to be in a box to.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    I've just used them for a load of stuff I sold on Ebay & BR, why would they not deliver a bike?

From the FAQ page is not in their prohibitive list or is the total limit that your over?

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-informa ... strictions
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • I've just used them for a load of stuff I sold on Ebay & BR, why would they not deliver a bike?

From the FAQ page is not in their prohibitive list or is the total limit that your over?

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-informa ... strictions

Hi Dan thanks, just got it sorted and it was unboxed bikes they had a problem with so I have it all boxed instead now. Thanks for reply
  • danlikesbikes
    Thats OK, they might not be the cheapest though - think there was a thread on BR a few other courier companies were recommended by others.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? need to send a bike home soon.
  • danlikesbikes
    How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? need to send a bike home soon.

Think mine was about £30 inc insurance - mind a bit fuzzy as sent about 25 items in the space of 5 days
  • Pickled Pig
    Pickled Pig Posts: 233
    Paisley Freight - £21.50 - but insurance over £50 is extra.
  • Find the dimensions of the box you are using and pop them into www.parcelmonkey.com. I have had good success with them minus one hiccup when I went for the cheapest option (luckily I had insurance). Their prices are very good.
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    I've sent bikes using http://www.interparcel.com before. The option I picked ended up being UPS next day. I think it was about £25 with insurance as it was an expensive bike.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I use parcel monkey - no issues & cheap.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    am i the only person that finds paying insurance to couriers a disgrace, you are paying them to deliver an item safely but they want you to pay them again in case THEY break or lose it.
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • Hi thanks for advice everyone but in the end i drove down their and picked it up just got back home now so I am going to give it a bit of a test run tomorrow before I commit to long ride.

Must say the motorways was busy for a sunday and it being paddy's day I expected everyone to be drunk at home lol.