chamois cream

duncanjohnston66
duncanjohnston66 Posts: 31
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
hi. does anybody use cream and if so can you reccomend a brand

Comments

• I use this stuff:

http://www.queenhelene.com/skincare_pro ... .php?id=26

Not marketed as a chamois cream but it's quite cheap (try eBay) and does the job well, makes rides noticeably comfier and less soreness after. Don't use too much though, a light coat is plenty and more will just soak in to your chamois. Apply directly to any areas of discomfort
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    I've tried a few over the years....but always end up going back to using Assos. A £12 pot lasts for ages.

Assos it is.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • Gren82
    Gren82 Posts: 48
    Have been using udderly smooth for a year, feels great and gets decent reviews online. Much cheaper than some of the more well known creams I.e assos
  • pak-man
    pak-man Posts: 76
    I use the Assos. Can't compare to anything, because it's the first I've used, but started using this after reading lots of good reviews. No complaints, works very well.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    assos stuff is great for that minty bol locks and biffins bridge feeling.
  • big p wrote:
    assos stuff is great for that minty bol locks and biffins bridge feeling.
    :lol:
    +1
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Another one for the udderly smooth cream but have used the Rapha too and its pretty good but comparatively expensive.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Here's a site with some good reviews. http://www.balmco.com/reviews/chamois-cream/ From the US so not sure if all of these are available in the UK but I've tried 5 of the creams reviewed and find his opinions spot on.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    RDB66 wrote:
    I've tried a few over the years....but always end up going back to using Assos. A £12 pot lasts for ages.

Assos it is.

Without question. Excellent stuff.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Gren82 wrote:
    Have been using udderly smooth for a year, feels great and gets decent reviews online. Much cheaper than some of the more well known creams I.e assos

+1 for this. Been using this for about a month now and I'm liking it. :D

Steve
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • cerv52
    cerv52 Posts: 81
    Assos for me too, havn't tried anything else tho so nothing to compare it with. Defo works better than using nothing at all!
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Sudocrem - does the same job but really cheap!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    TheFD wrote:

Try conotrane. Easier to apply (slightly more liquid than sudocrem) - even cheaper as well.

(That said, I use assos when I do use cream. But also use conotrane post long ride if I have issues that need tending to).
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Get some Assos stuff-best you can get, don't use sudocrem as it's an antiseptic healing cream-use it after a ride/shower.
  • Another vote for the Assos. An absolute revelation when I started using that.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Assos.
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    TheFD wrote:

Does not do the same job as it's absorbed into the skin and softens it - it may relieve your nappy rash though. Assos lubricates to avoid friction.
  • bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    I use Utterly Butterly and when scraped off, can be re-used on toast.
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Assos cream works pretty good on RoadRash aswel !!
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.