Bib shorts fit

clelanj
clelanj Posts: 68
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Hi. Just purchased my first set of bib shorts from Wiggle which arrived this morning. They are the Gore Xenon 2.0 Bib Shorts and I got size XL.

The shorts themselves appear to be a good fit and the straps just about right, slightly tight in a stood position yet still offering some resistance when I go into a crouched stance. My only concern is that the ends of the shorts are not quite as tight as they could be therefore leaving a slight opening for air to get up there (could be quite pleasant on a hot summer's day :D ). Should this be concern enough to consider returning or do I just accept that everything else feels comfortable and run with it? I feel that if I went down to a L size then the straps might be too tight in a stood position as I am fairly long in the body.

These weren't cheap shorts, and not having worn bib shorts before would like to get your opinion on how these should fit before removing tags?

Comments

• chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    The legs shouldn't be loose. How thin are you legs? It is worth trying the smaller size. Remember they are cycling shorts so it it is comfort in a cycle position and not standing which is important. It may be Gore just doesn't fit your body shape.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    You need to build up those legs. I've never seen them loose on anyone! Try a different make...
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac