cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
we didn't own an I-pad?*

*May contain a 'rude' word.

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Pure genius, though of course by posting this I am confirming that I am getting old :?
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Wee smile on a Friday afternoon. Cheers.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Brill!

Did I see Cleat in the middle of that?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    team47b wrote:
    Did I see Cleat in the middle of that?

Was that him pretending to be Mr Ben..... the cross dresser?? :o
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327

...Things in the video that I remembered or knew about.

Not counting the same item more than once if its repeated in the video.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Wow.. whoever made that must have been born in exactly the same year I was. I can honestly say I remember every. single. one. of those things. Scary. (I'm 46).
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Cheers Cornerblock I smiled all the way through that,I fancy looking at my Woodcraft badges now,i am supple of limb like the hare in case anyone doubts me.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Thanks for finding that, Cornerblock.

shops closed on sundays, Rumbelows, £1 notes, Spangles etc etc
    Where was Action Man? :)
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Why do middle aged people genuinely believe the dark ages were a better time to grow up in?
  • neeb
    Why do middle aged people genuinely believe the dark ages were a better time to grow up in?
    I'm not planning on being middle-aged until I'm about 60, thank-you-very-much (possibly upwardly adjustable given appropriate advances in medical science). :wink:

Everyone believes the time they grew up in was a better time to grow up in. Just wait until you're 45 and you'll be moaning about how in your day you had to use real screens and type stuff and that nobody had implants...
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    ["Why do middle aged people genuinely believe the dark ages were a better time to grow up in?

Is forty-something middle aged?
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Another thanks here - absolutely brilliant - "Michael Fish you lying tw@t" had me spitting coffee.
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201

They're right. It's been going downhill ever since we climbed out of the trees. Some say even those were a bad idea.
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    EVEL KNEVIEL. 8)

I had the rocket bike and made ramps out of my Dandy and Hotspur annuals and lego.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Liking this ....
  • bennett_346
    byke68 wrote:
    ["Why do middle aged people genuinely believe the dark ages were a better time to grow up in?

Is forty-something middle aged?
    Afraid so. Based on average life expectancy.
  • neeb
    Lies, damn lies and statistics... :wink:

For all you know you might be run over by a bus when you're twice the age you are now (so you are middle aged), whereas I might have my brain uploaded into a simulated reality (with 2kg bikes, a harem and calorie free pizza) in 2042 and live until I eventually get bored sometime around the 63rd Century (and so have a few millenia to go before I am middle aged... :D)
  • bennett_346
    neeb wrote:
    Lies, damn lies and statistics... :wink:

For all you know you might be run over by a bus when you're twice the age you are now (so you are middle aged), whereas I might have my brain uploaded into a simulated reality (with 2kg bikes, a harem and calorie free pizza) in 2042 and live until I eventually get bored sometime around the 63rd Century (and so have a few millenia to go before I am middle aged... :D)
    But not being from the iPad generation you're surely against that :wink:
  • neeb
    But not being from the iPad generation you're surely against that :wink:
    I've got an iPad now... I just didn't have one back then... (although I did have a ZX Spectrum and Manic Miner and Chuckie Egg outclass current games any day :wink: ).

Haven't managed to find the brain-uploading app yet..