Rose Carbon Pro SL 4400

spaceman.spiff
spaceman.spiff Posts: 15
edited March 2013 in Your road bikes
So a message arrived from my other half this afternoon with this picture attached:

http://flic.kr/p/e3hwYS

So that will be the pedals that i ordered :D

After a long wait at work I got home and opened up the box to reveal my new summer bike

http://flic.kr/p/e3bRqF
http://flic.kr/p/e3hxeh

Sorry about that poor quality pics and the flickr links I will try to take a few photos out in the daylight in the next few days. The bike took a while to arrive from Germany but im very happy with it and cant wait to get out and ride it (if it stops snowing that is)

Specs are as follows:

FrameHigh Modulus Aerospace Carbon Fibre T30, internal cable routing
Frame size 57
ForkSL Modulus Concept Full carbon
Wheel set Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
Sprocket SRAM PG-1
Tyres Continental Grand Prix 4000 S, FW: 700 x 23 c, RW: 700 x 25c
Groupset SRAM FORCE
Crankset SRAM FORCE compact 50/34
Seat post FSA SL-K SB20 Carbon
Saddle Prologo Nago Evo T2.0
Handlebar FSA Wing Pro Compact
Stem FSA SL-K, oversize, with carbon cap
Weightapprox. 7.25 kg (without pedals)
Rose Carbon Pro SL 4400
Cannondale Caad4

Comments

• Very nice
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • I will go with photobucket for the daylight pics, I knew there was a reason I stopped using flicker :-)
    Rose Carbon Pro SL 4400
    Cannondale Caad4
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Lovely lovely lovely.

I have exactly the same frame - I have Ultegra instead of Force - and LOVE it.

Enjoy!!
  • Thanks Blade I can't wait to ride it, just need this nasty weather to bugger off or I will be stuck on my winter bike for the foreseeable.
    Rose Carbon Pro SL 4400
    Cannondale Caad4
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Thanks Blade I can't wait to ride it, just need this nasty weather to bugger off or I will be stuck on my winter bike for the foreseeable.

I'm due out tomorrow for a big ride and the forecast is for rain, rain and more rain and my Rose hasn't got wet yet! I might stop being so precious and just get out there. Reckon I might love the bike even more once it has got me through a three hour deluge.

P.S. Great username mate - Calvin & Hobbes rock!!
  • That is a lovely looking bike, must say I really like it. Rose bikes were very popular in Austria, quite a few of my buddies rode them!
  • E17Blade wrote:
    Thanks Blade I can't wait to ride it, just need this nasty weather to bugger off or I will be stuck on my winter bike for the foreseeable.

I'm due out tomorrow for a big ride and the forecast is for rain, rain and more rain and my Rose hasn't got wet yet! I might stop being so precious and just get out there. Reckon I might love the bike even more once it has got me through a three hour deluge.

P.S. Great username mate - Calvin & Hobbes rock!!

I know how you feel about being precious Blade, I have a Kedge chain catcher to fit but I can’t bring myself to take of the front derailleur (although this is probably a good thing as I will undoubtedly break it). I hope you have a good ride today, remember nothing brings you closer to a bike than a punishing ride in bad conditions, I’m sure your Rose wont let you down.

Always a pleasure to meet another Calvin and Hobbes fan, I have spent many a hour laughing myself silly over those comics.
    Rose Carbon Pro SL 4400
    Cannondale Caad4