Will My Bike fit in the back of a Clio or corsa??

rickypj
rickypj Posts: 42
edited June 2013 in MTB general
Hello Everybody,

I have a cube ltd race and am looking into buying a cheap car to get it around, Does anybody here have a reault clio or corsa around a 03/04 plate and can you get ur bike in the back. I do have a rack but find it much easier just popping the wheels off and chucking it in the back of my A3 but filling my audi with muck isnt ideal. also its secure locked in a car.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I know someone with a corsa that fits a bike in fine.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • CommyAdam
    CommyAdam Posts: 70
    hi, i have a 58 corsa, i dont think its drastically different to an 04, and i can fit my large commencal meta sx with fairly wide bars etc in the back with the rear wheel still on without too much problem. i just stick a sheet down and fold the backs seats down....no problems.
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    easily, the question should have been how many bikes! :)
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    I have a mate with a 56 Corsa.

He has fit 3 bikes + people + kit in it but it was a bit cramped.
    It's perfect for 2
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've yet to find a car you can't get a bike in, as long as the seats fold, and often even if they don't.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Henry Catchpole of EVO magazine has carried a road bike in a Morgan......passenger seat/footwell mind!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It will fit in easily. I know a lad who gets two downhill bikes, a weekends race kit and a passenger in a Fiat 500.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Have an old Yaris on 04 plate & can get 2 bikes, kit & passenger in the car if the rear seats are folded down.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I can get 3 people and associated bike + junk in an 06 clio... takes some cunning packing but it's manageable.
  • rickypj
    rickypj Posts: 42
    Thanks for all your replys, it seems i'll have no trouble at all.

Cheers guys
  • dmorton
    dmorton Posts: 244
    You're buying a whole other car just to move your bike around?

If you do get a Clio, check that they've changed the bonnet catch. Original ones had a habit of coming undone at high speed, smashing the bonnet into the window and possibly causing you to crash/soil your trousers...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice/news/Archive/Renault-Clio-Bonnets/

Renault really do make quality cars......
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    It will fit in easily. I know a lad who gets two downhill bikes, a weekends race kit and a passenger in a Fiat 500.

Are him and his mate the Borrowers?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    EH_Rob wrote:

Are him and his mate the Borrowers?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnoZ0sDJTfMeT2BlG8Ys9c8aZF0shui1f80glAogWtBkf3Hri2eg
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    i saw the one on the left the other week, carrying carrier bags full of blood. looking shifty.
  • I've had 2 x 180mm travel bikes, 6 man tent, camping gear + cooking stuff, normal clothes and bike gear in the back of my 206 for a 3 day weekend in Scotland!

Tight fit, just gotta pack it right lol.
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    I have a 54 plate corsa and can fit the bike in the boot (seats down) with the front wheel off.

Much easier just to stick it on the roof though.

Why don't you look for a small van instead?
  • We have a 06 plate Micra & got 2 MTB, luggage & both of us in comfortably.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Nothing a junior hacksaw can't solve...
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I can get 3 people and associated bike + junk in an 06 clio... takes some cunning packing but it's manageable.

POIDH
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    njee20 wrote:
    I've yet to find a car you can't get a bike in, as long as the seats fold, and often even if they don't.

MX-5.

With the roof up

I've tried and failed..
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Either will swallow a bike, only issue i found with my corsa is unless I unhooked the rear wheel as well as the front I ended up with the handle bar just behind my head usually resting in the cup holder. Just remember to put a sheet down to save scratches and or mud.
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    I've managed to get a Stumpjumper FSR and a Rockhopper (both 19" frames) in the back of a Ford KA so a Clio should be fine!
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    I have an 03 Corsa and I often put two bikes in the back and 1 passenger in the front :)
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread and all that but as we were driving to Cannock earlier for some reason I remembered this… and thought, hey why not prove it :lol:
    Briggo wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

POIDH

So heres some pics of the good old Clio with 3 people worth of bikes, kit and seat space.

9143412951_a477ccfa66_z.jpg

9143411735_1c00d8efda_z.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Those pics remind me of the time I got a set of alloys (with tyres), a spare interior (front & back seats and four door cards) and a front bumper in my Primera:

30538.jpg?max=640
    TwellySmat wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

MX-5.

With the roof up

I've tried and failed..

Seen a guy at Stainburn more than once who brings his bike in/on his old MX5.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Well if there is just one person you can take the front passenger seat out with a nifty bit of spannering
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    Bought a cheap 2001 1.5d Clio for £500 off ebay.

My LTD Pro 29 fits with back seats down and front wheel off :-p
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I imagine so, I've seen two DH bikes and 2 folk in a clio with a little room to spare, you'll be fine