Potato's are they going out of fashion

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
Or have they just had their chips?
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKt-KR1TsRg

These guys are on your side.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    I've a mind to report this for inappropriate apostrophe use. Potatoes, not "potato's".
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,441
    On behalf of Irish people everywhere.......... No!!

And frankly Frank, the question is offensive!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    iainment wrote:
    I've a mind to report this for inappropriate apostrophe use. Potatoes, not "potato's".

Nothing wrong with that on the ground's that it is green-grocery product and therefore subject to the grocer's apostrophe. :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Capt Slog wrote:
    iainment wrote:

Nothing wrong with that on the ground's that it is green-grocery product and therefore subject to the grocer's apostrophe. :lol:

Ok I'll let it slip this time.

But "green-grocery" really? It's greengrocery, naughty corner for you.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • capt_slog
    iainment wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    iainment wrote:

Ok I'll let it slip this time.

But "green-grocery" really? It's greengrocery, naughty corner for you.

I'll consider myself told. There's always a first time that you have to write something, can't remember having to do so before.

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    iainment wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    I've a mind to report this. It's greengrocery, naughty corner for you.

Your correction is flawed and thus inadmissible. No verb to not a sentence. You need to go back t school - boys school of course.
  • capt_slog
    Lagrange wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    I've a mind to report this. It's greengrocery, naughty corner for you.

Your correction is flawed and thus inadmissible. No verb to not a sentence. You need to go back t school - boys school of course.

eh? :lol:

• dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Potatoes are absolutely here to stay.

My top 5 Potato variants,

5. The Hash Brown.
    4. Mashed Potato.
    3. New potatoes.
    2. The French Fried potato. With real mayo and sea salt or chippy chips.
    1. The roast potato with sea salt, cracked black pepper and fresh rosemary, roasted in a mixture of olive oil and sunflower oil.

The only wild card for me is the potato scone or "Tattie scone", fried and served with breakfasts. Being scottish this was a staple of many breakfasts and is now only cooked by myself as part of a major hangover cure.

Anyone else have a preferred potato dish, foe example a rosti perhaps ? Or in a Spanish tortilla ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...