specialized hardrock comp year 2000 !Is it worth saving?

Hollow-legs
Hollow-legs Posts: 142
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Hi, A few years ago i picked up a Specialized hardrock comp from the year 2000,It was in very good condition,i brought it for as cheap replacement(it cost £65.00) for my Mongoose tyax super..However when i received it from the e-bay seller ,I set-it up and jumped on ! Wow ! What a freaking awesome bike ,,,so fast and light ,,i loved it ,,sold the mongoose,,,and used the spesh for my work commute ,i used it for nearly 2 years, i could fly on that bike ,,then the bug came to buy a new bike ,,,I resisted but gave in ...the spesh was left in the shed for 6 months until my mate needed a bike ,i lent it to him!

Anyway ,,my mate has now returned it to me ,as soon as i got it back i jumped on and gave it spin ,,Wow!! The memories came flooding what a fantastic bike ,,or should i say frame ? I had a big smile on my face :D
The frame is what i love about the bike ,so light ...But she is in a pretty poor state ,,my friend really used her and abused her,,The crankset is wobbling ,,had a quick look ,,it looks like the bottom bracket is the culprit..
I have done some digging and found out it has a tange seiki sport BB square crank arms ,,but what size and thread is it?
I know nothing about BBs ,It this BB still around ,is there a alternative BB i can use ,,I would change the crankset as well...But my question is ,,"IS IT WORTH SAVING " i really do not want to spend that much ...Is the frame worth anything to someone ... Retro-bike?

Any advice???

Cheers.

Comments