MTB Skills Courses in South Wales Recommendations

occy73
occy73 Posts: 6
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Hi, I've been riding for about 6yrs but feel I could benefit from a MTB skills course. Can anybody recommend one in the South Wales area? If so, what and how much did you learn?
Cheers!!

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Northern monkey did 1 at forest of dean the other week and said it was really beneficial. I know it's not in s.wales but not too far away. The bike school I think they're called
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    occy73 wrote:
    Hi, I've been riding for about 6yrs but feel I could benefit from a MTB skills course. Can anybody recommend one in the South Wales area? If so, what and how much did you learn?
    Cheers!!

Me and a couple of mates signed up for one at Afan Bike Valley. But didn't go ahead with it. Was snowwed off but the guy didn't seem interested anyway to me so I aint booking there again. Going to get onthe Forest of Dean one in the summer. Would love to do one at Degla, and strike it lucky with Neil Donoghue coaching that day!
  • occy73
    occy73 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the replies!! With regards to the guy in Afan forest, he's a really nice guy and was most likely really busy when you contacted him. I had the same first impression but after a 1/2 an hour chat when I picked my bike I realised that he was 'tidy' :D
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    occy73 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies!! With regards to the guy in Afan forest, he's a really nice guy and was most likely really busy when you contacted him. I had the same first impression but after a 1/2 an hour chat when I picked my bike I realised that he was 'tidy' :D

I've heard he's tidy yaeh, but the setup didn't feel all that professional to me, and as if they gave a fuck so FoD it is for me.

Let me know how it goes...
  • Ult
    Ult Posts: 60
    Try http://www.acycling.com
    Basically it is a new venture by Matt Page. It is only the guiding stuff on the site at the moment but he will be coaching as well so I would get in touch with him. I have spent some time with him and is very patient and explains everything simply and clearly. Made a world of difference to me in a very short time.
    Highly recommended.