overshoes

duncanjohnston66
duncanjohnston66 Posts: 31
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
hi, can anybody recomend a good pair of waterproof overshoes?

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... 17&ID=3024

Although they are not sold as waterproof - they are as good as any. No overshoe will keep your feet dry if you are out long in rain (it runs down your legs and into the sock top).
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    I use Planet X overshoes. I have no complaints.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLP ... _overshoes
  • Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Nick1972 wrote:
    I use Planet X overshoes. I have no complaints.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLP ... _overshoes

+1 to this. £10 as well :)
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DHB neoprene ones have strong zips. Zips seem to be the first thing to go on a lot of peoples overshoes. I'd get some waterproof socks to complement the covers :wink:
  • BigDaddyG
    BigDaddyG Posts: 63
    I use some Fluro Northwave ones but on other threads of similer nature the Planet X ones are always mentioned as cheap and of good quality!!!
    Summer - Wilier la Triestina
    Winter - Trek 1.2
    Turbo bike - Trek 1.2
    I love my Trek 1.2
  • Focus-rider
    Focus-rider Posts: 126
    I do NOT reccomend the craft overshoes. Although waterprrofing has been fantastic they fell apart after 4 months of riding, im still using them nearly a year later but they are not in good shape. Good waterproof overshoes but let down by the overall quality and longevity
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Planet x are good for me. No zips to break either.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I too have the Planet X £10 jobbies. Pretty robust and keep a lot of the road filth out of your shoes / socks, but they ain't waterproof in heavy rain.
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    ...Endura neoprene ones, about £20, have done me ok, 2 or 3 rides a week through the winter...zips are weak and they'll fall apart after a couple of seasons but having tried Planet X (didn't like the velcro) and BBB...(underside snagged on the cleat) i think they're reasonable value, warm, and while not strictly waterproof, good enough for me..
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I have some BBB heavy duty ones I think they are called. They've been great - warm and waterproof. I have SPD cleats so didnt't have any snagging problems
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • thanks for all that will give planet x a try........
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    deswahriff wrote:
    tried Planet X (didn't like the velcro)
    Why didn't you like the Velcro? We they Velcro under the foot? That's what I have (not planet X) and I like them - no zips to break!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    No, velcro fastening at the back. I quite like it. My track record with zips isn't good.
  • Hollow-legs
    Hollow-legs Posts: 142
    Can not go wrong with BBB overshoes ,i have the heavy -duty pair ,,,i would also consider the enduras ,,,as second choice after a BBB pair...Do not think any overshoe can be totally waterproof though ,,,