Why We Beat The Brits In The Revolutionary War

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
... because we just don't go in for grabass around here (Eastwood Park, Dayton, OH, USA)!!!!

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6540_zpsb7b30a8d.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6557_zps8a002ac8.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6527_zps549fdddb.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6713_zps7ab42dce.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6717_zps405842b1.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6732_zpsacc65fe3.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6736_zps80b090f7.jpg

City-RugbyAtEastwood-IMG_6741_zps4ee7cc93.jpg

... I didn't have the heart to tell them that they were playing football ALL WRONG!!!! :mrgreen:

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    <lights fart>
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Who exactly is "We". Is it the French navy, the Spanish or Dutch, who also poked their oar in, or the Brits who had settled in the colonies and rebelled against the Brits in UK? A civil war not dissimilar to the American Civil War.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Luckily for you, rugby wasn't invented until 1845.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    bompington wrote:
    Luckily for you, rugby wasn't invented until 1845.

:D

Next thing the Yanks will be making WW2 films showing their fantastic input at a documented stage when they hadn't even joined the war........ wait a minute
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Don't you 'Mericans do this instead?

200px-GrecoRomanWrestling1.jpg
  • Don't you 'Mericans do this instead?
    And what exactly is wrong with the National Heimlich Manoeuvre League?
    Mangeur
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Who exactly is "We". Is it the French navy, the Spanish or Dutch, who also poked their oar in, or the Brits who had settled in the colonies and rebelled against the Brits in UK? A civil war not dissimilar to the American Civil War.
    Mix in enough displaced Scots and Irish with other foreign nationals and the separation was inevitable.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Most of the Scots ended up in Canada, they didn't want to be American.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Akirasho
    antfly wrote:

... sounds like you've never been in Appalachia where every third last name has a Mc or Mac in it and is both their cousin and their mom... :roll: :mrgreen:
  • antfly
    They were from Northern Ireland, mostly.
  • Akirasho
    antfly wrote:

Now, you're thinking Kentucky and West Virginia... :roll:
  • antfly
    Well obviously some Scots couldn't get out.
  • no such thing as an american at the time. oh and it was the spainish and to a gretaer extent the french that won the day for the colonial brits. the continental army would have been exhausted had it not been for the opportunistic french/spanish!

look at how into it the spectators are!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Akirasho wrote:
    antfly wrote:

... sounds like you've never been in Appalachia where every third last name has a Mc or Mac in it and is both their cousin and their mom... :roll: :mrgreen:

I've watched Deliverance - it wasn't the best advert the Appalachian Tourist Board made (although other Yanks have apparently flooded into the area ever since which speaks volumes :lol: )
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Akirasho wrote:
    ... I didn't have the heart to tell them that they were playing football ALL WRONG!!!! :mrgreen:

You're right - they didn't need all that girly protective gear.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    In fariness those are the prettiest girls I ve ever seen playing rugby, most of them look like this...

Gruffalo_holding_Mouse_by_the_tail.jpg

*runs and hides* :P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    I know it wasn't the point of the post, but in the first pic where the hell is the referee? It's not a game you can sensibly play without one surely?
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Pic 5 makes me want to scream "RUN STRAIGHT!" or "STRAIGHTEN UP!"... he even has a man outside him. Oh dear, oh dear.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Can you tell Toby Flood while you re at it too EK?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm sorry... I'm confused. Is this an American saying that they've finally started playing a mans game without resorting to full body armour and stopping every 10 seconds for Oxygen?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    ddraver wrote:
    Can you tell Toby Flood while you re at it too EK?

Naaa fanks! There's a reason I never took up rugby seriously. He's gurt. I'm not. (We'd be roughly the same height but he's probably about 10-15 kilo's heavier, with less fat than me too!) :shock:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I'm sorry... I'm confused. Is this an American saying that they've finally started playing a mans game without resorting to full body armour and stopping every 10 seconds for Oxygen?
    Have you seen what is worn under the rugby jerseys these days?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    antfly wrote:

They were originally from Scotland, planted in Ireland to steal land from the native Irish, then they did exactly the same in America. And remember it was one country back in the 1700s, no such 'country' as NI and some will argue the same now.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    daviesee wrote:
    Have you seen what is worn under the rugby jerseys these days?

Nothings worn, it's all perfect working order.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Akirasho
    I'm sorry... I'm confused.

If you're British, I understand and I'm sorry.
    Is this an American saying that they've finally started playing a mans game without resorting to full body armour and stopping every 10 seconds for Oxygen?

I'm saying that not everyone in our most awesomest of countries can play the real thing so we set aside descrete parks for the lessers to play rugby along with tag, hide and seek and checkers... :mrgreen:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Its difficult to get 50 infotainment breaks a Marey Carey concert and a Justin Timberlake gig into 2 x 40 minutes of continious play so Fox would never go for it.

Luckily we just get Cathryn Jenkins at the start and then a proper game.

Looking forward to Saturday at Cardiff. Now one bunch of dependent shep shaggers (Falklanders) have voted that we are their true Sovereigns, it's time to go and rule the other bunch :lol:
  • Akirasho wrote:
    I'm saying that not everyone in our most awesomest of countries can play the real thing so we set aside descrete parks for the lessers to play rugby along with tag, hide and seek and checkers... :mrgreen:

Awesomest? That's not proper English, is it?

And the real thing? Is that the game with the power cuts?
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Akirasho wrote:
    I'm sorry... I'm confused.

If you're British, I understand and I'm sorry.
    Is this an American saying that they've finally started playing a mans game without resorting to full body armour and stopping every 10 seconds for Oxygen?

Difference is that no one else in the world gives a F*** about the "real thing" whereas they're interested in you lot playing Rugby
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    tim wand wrote:
    Its difficult to get 50 infotainment breaks a Marey Carey concert and a Justin Timberlake gig into 2 x 40 minutes of continious play so Fox would never go for it.

Now one bunch of dependent shep shaggers (Falklanders) have voted that we are their true Sovereigns, it's time to go and rule the other bunch :lol:

Falklanders have sexual relations with Elvis's dawg? :shock: and :o
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Falklanders have sexual relations with Elvis's dawg? and

Bugger (not literally) I meant Sheep not Shep, that was John Noakes, not the Falklanders