My Orange Alpine 160

MacAndCheese
MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
edited October 2013 in Your mountain bikes
I know I'm going to be open to abuse for this one, but I like it. Had it a while but just added the orange wheels so gave it a clean up:

8551554026_563c8487a7_z.jpg
8550452181_bd7d2bd4c8_z.jpg
8550452065_01a58d9719_z.jpg
8550452261_0f075d9938_z.jpg
8550452391_7d516845f1_z.jpg
8550452499_0792cacfca_z.jpg

Full spec:

Frame: Orange Alpine 160 2012 -Disco black
Forks: 2011 55 Bombers RC3 ti purple
Shock: CCDB
Wheels: Superstar AM
Bars/stem: Easton Havoc
Cranks: Raceface Atlas AM
Pedals: Spank Spike
Chain guide: E-thirteen SRS
Shifter/rear mech/cassette: XT ten speed
Brakes: Shimano XT
Headset & BB: Hope
Seatpost: CB Joplin 4
Saddle: WTB pure V
Tyres: Maxxis Minion Front, Highroller Rear
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Orange Alpine 160

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
      interesting colour combo you have going on there, no doubt when it is it's usual colour (mud) it all comes together :lol:
      very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • 5tew ST
    5tew ST Posts: 16
    Top looking bike like it a lot
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What is it with Orange owners and their multi coloured bikes?
    Nice build, not sure about the black / orange / purple colours though.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

We're all descendants of Joseph, and dreamcoats are old fashioned
  • rockmonkeysc

We're all descendants of Joseph, and dreamcoats are old fashioned

Im not, I'm an athiest and therefore a descendant of primordial slime.
  • MacAndCheese
    thanks for the replies, I know the purple/orange combo isn't to everyone's taste! To be honest its the little bits of gold that really annoy me (on the shock, seatpost and chain guide) If there was a way to get them changed to orange or purple I reckon it would pull the whole bike together.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • pesky_jones
    Personally I think the only thing throwing it out are the purple lowers. If they were black it would look better - in my opinion obviously
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Personally I think the only thing throwing it out are the purple lowers. If they were black it would look better - in my opinion obviously

Apart from the above.. it actually... looks.... OK.
  • MacAndCheese
    To be honest the forks are unlikely to change (apart from being purple they're great forks!)
    although I am tempted to send the frame back to orange and get it resprayed in "deep purple" like this one:

542415_10151201356846167_1535736448_n.jpg
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    Very nice 8)
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    To be honest the forks are unlikely to change (apart from being purple they're great forks!)
    although I am tempted to send the frame back to orange and get it resprayed in "deep purple" like this one:

542415_10151201356846167_1535736448_n.jpg

I guess they'll only charge you about 1300 for a respray so you might as well.

I actually quite like this, nice work.
  • pesky_jones
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    DIY fork re-spray?...

Thats what I was thinking I don't think it would be that hard either. You could wait untill they need a service then do it all in one. Or you could just leave them purple if you like em purple!
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Nice bike.... BTW, it's a bike, don't waste your money respraying it FFS.... It'd be cheaper to buy brand new decent black forks and far more beneficial, especially considering your's are shitazocchi!
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Nice bike.... BTW, it's a bike, don't waste your money respraying it FFS.... It'd be cheaper to buy brand new decent black forks and far more beneficial, especially considering your's are shitazocchi!

Marzocchi make good forks so I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Although I'm not familiar with these.
  • MacAndCheese
    "Shitzocchi" someone clearly hasn't ridden their higher end forks for a while. These are the 2011 titanium sprung range topping RC3 55s that are generally considered pretty good, very plush fork with minimal servicing required.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594

In fact i'd say this fork is the best one in its class, And been lookng for them for my bike for ages at a decent price as they really don't get sold on and hold there value.
  • AlexJCook
    AlexJCook Posts: 108
    I think it's really nice.

That Orange Deep Purple looks amazing in the flesh, but as has been pointed out, at the end of the day it's a bike!

It looks sick as it is, and no amount of colour changing/matching will make it better/faster/whatever.

Good work.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The latest 55's & 888's are the best forks I have ridden, better than anything Rockshox or Fox are making. The 888 rc3 evo ti is absolutely brilliant, makes my Boxxer R2C2 feel a bit rubbish.
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Like it bar the forks... good colour combo, then you notice the forks... no lol :p
  • Ashweee
    Ashweee Posts: 48
    Really like your alpine and if I'm honest quite like the purple forks!
  • cj11
    cj11 Posts: 72
    You could spray the frame a hideous shade of yellow..........oh wait someones already done that. :D
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Sorry to pull this back up.

How do you find the wheels?