fox forks

SUPERSUTT
SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
hi im a bit confused with fox forks whats the difference between the f-series , Talas, Float, Van all different names for their range.

Whats the best for trial centers like Llandegla and the odd ride at Snowdon but without going to heavy for the occasional run around Delamere Forrest.

I understand the 32 34 36 are all the size of the stanchions. im looking at upgrading my rockshox XC32 120 mm coil sprung forks for something with a bit more travel 130 mm to slightly slacken the head angle and match the rear travel on my Giant trance

cheers for any input sutty
falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
HT Merlin Malt one (sold)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Q1 - have you looked on the Fox website.
    Q2 - Rockshox.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    yes ive looked at the fox web site and doesnt explain any thing. and as for rockshox im still keeping options open as to them but unsure on which one again. recons and rebas only go to 120 mm so its between sekator or the revelations.

Fox and Gaint come up with a 127 mm fork for the trance to match the rear travel but not readily available to buy off the self only factory fitted
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The f series is air sprung and goes to 120mm afaik, the floats are air sprung fixed travel, talas is air sprung with newer forks having 2 travel positions, and VAN forks are coil sprung. Personally I'd go for a 32 float spaced down to 130, they're either 140 or 150mm as standard and a spacer in the air spring will drop the travel depending on which size you fit. I think chainreaction had 130mm Float RLC Kashimas in stock for a little over 400 quid, which is a very, very good fork at a very good price
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    yes ive looked at the fox web site and doesnt explain any thing

All looks good to me on the site! This for starters:

http://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?m=bike&t=forks
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Trance works really nicely with a 140mm fork. I would go for a Rockshox Revelation.
    Fox forks are just too expensive and no better than Rockshox.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Trance works really nicely with a 140mm fork. I would go for a Rockshox Revelation.
    Fox forks are just too expensive and no better than Rockshox.

Good advice here. The top end trance runs 140mm forks, the fox fork fitted as standard is a 125mm RL, only available with a complete bike or possibly via ebay and a taiwanese seller. :D
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500