inappropriate avatar

dominicg
dominicg Posts: 47
I don't want to appear prudish-not least because I'm not, but there is a poster on the road parts sales thread (see Cevelo frameset today) who has a rather racey avatar (photo) that I imagine some would find rather offensive. I love using this forum at work but if this was noticed, there would be some very uncomfortable questions to answer and for that reason I won't be able to use it any more. Any chance someone could have a quiet word. For the life of me I can't see the relevance of this photo to cycling and I bet it's not just me who's being put off.

Thanks

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    You might be right or wrong as to people finding it offensive.

You do realise you missed your opportunity to have a quiet word by posting in an open forum on the internet for everyone to see including the user in question????
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Isn't it a bike parking stand?
  • danlikesbikes
    Does appear to be wearing one of these though - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycleops-bike-t ... eat-cover/

So I guess not a place to park a bike.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • dominicg
    My mistake- I thought I was "discussing the website with the team"

Cheers
  • danlikesbikes
    dominicg wrote:
    My mistake- I thought I was "discussing the website with the team"

Cheers

You were discussing it with them, but in a open forum so everyone could see. Though you might want a heads up!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    An option available is for you to stop avatars showing which you can do by going into User Control Panel --> Board Prefences --> Edit Display Options --> Display Avatars.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I still don't know what this avatar is, or whose. A better way is to use the 'report post' function ie the exclamation mark in the top left of the post, and explain the problem.
  • dominicg
    OK Thanks for all the advice: I can see it's well-meant. From my point of view the obvious thing is to turn the avatars off if I can so I'll try that.

Cheers