Deserved win for Richie Porte

raymondo60
raymondo60 Posts: 735
edited March 2013 in Pro race
Really pleased for Porte after his win in Paris-Nice at the weekend. Last year he worked his a**e off, along with Michael Rodgers, in the service of Sir Wiggo and was a major factor in said Wiggo winning the T de F. Good to see that all the dedication and hard-work CAN be rewarded with a significant victory for his own palmares. Chapeau Porte, me old sport!
Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Someone's going to get flamed by the spoiler police - get your helmet on! :shock:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Should have watched it by Monday lunchtime :-)
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Watched the final stage last night & was impressed good to see the team looking to branch out further this year, lets hop they give it some in lots of races this year.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Someone in the Spolier Police needs to talk to Sky Sports News. They never cared about races like PN and TA before, now they're winning it they shout it from the rooftops
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Someone in the Spolier Police needs to talk to Sky Sports News. They never cared about races like PN and TA before, now they're winning it they shout it from the rooftops

Out of curiosity, whats the issue?
  • Pross
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Should have watched it by Monday lunchtime :-)

Nah, someone was complaining last year about a post mentioning Merckx had taken his 5th Tour win in 1974 :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    *SPOILER* And Norman Bates' mother is Norman in drag; Luke is Leia's sister and Darth Vader is his father; Keyser Soze is Kint; Planet of the Apes if actually the Earth; Bruce Willis is a dead person; and Lance Armstrong was doping.*SPOILER*

Have I covered them all?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    You'll be telling me M dies at the end of Skyfall next!
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:

She...She...She does? I haven't seen it!

Only joking. She was bit of a wet wipe about it too. For the head of Mi6 she was an awful shot.

I now have Adele crooning 'when the sky falls' as an ear worm. :evil: :wink:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Pross wrote:

You b%^stard, Pross
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

She...She...She does? I haven't seen it!

Only joking. She was bit of a wet wipe about it too. For the head of Mi6 she was an awful shot.

I now have Adele crooning 'when the sky falls' as an ear worm. :evil: :wink:

It's what happens when you give a woman an important job. At least now they have Voldemort who doesn't need weapons. Right, I'm off into hiding now!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    If anybody spoils the ending of the new Star Trek trailer, I'll throw a meltdown the likes of which hasn't been seen round these parts for days.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    Macaloon wrote:
    If anybody spoils the ending of the new Star Trek trailer, I'll throw a meltdown the likes of which haven't been seen round these parts for days.

Benedict Cumberbatch hangs about in a graveyard having faked his own death? Oh sorry wrong franchise.

As for Voldemort, pah! I see his magic wizard powers and I raise you dragons.

Anyway back to the cycling... Does Antonio Ricci ever find his bike? I've never seen the end.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Macaloon wrote:
    If anybody spoils the ending of the new Star Trek trailer, I'll throw a meltdown the likes of which hasn't been seen round these parts for days.
    Spock is Luke Skywalker's father
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    By your immortally high standards this is a woeful attempt at mental disintegration. As Yoda was fond of saying backstage, "break me a farquing give"
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    By your immortally high standards this is a woeful attempt at mental disintegration. As Yoda was fond of saying backstage, "break me a farquing give"

They don't call him the Miss Moneypenny of Welsh Hockey for nothing. Or at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

They don't call him the Miss Moneypenny of Welsh Hockey for nothing. Or at all.
    Some have referred to him as the Mary Poppins of the BR nursery singin' SuperRichieGoesBallisticDraverWasAtrocious