Vanilla Bikes, Morecabme - legit, any good?

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Just come across their website. I haven't heard of them before they came up in some Google results. Has anyone used them?

Worth using them or, avoid?

Thanks in advance.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• Hi Jordan, we are real people, small independent on-line retailer, any queries just email or give us a ring

Thanks Kevin
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I got my Kurt Kinetic Turbo following a phone call with Kevin.
    Excellent service and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I fully recommend them.

Just for clarity, I have no affiliation.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Hi Jordan, we are real people, small independent on-line retailer, any queries just email or give us a ring

Thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for the response. I will be in touch. I hope I haven't caused any offence, I've been scolded in the past with online retailers so always like to check now.

@daviesee - thanks!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've used them. Best price for what I needed at the time (can't remember what it was!) and good delivery time. What more do you need? :D
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • AAACCC
    AAACCC Posts: 2
    Didn't turn up after a week, email and check with them, got a auto reply dispatch email after that and tried to blame the manufacturer of delay in delivery. Curious is...when placed the order said 'in stock'. As usual trying to pull a fast one and think we are stupid, very annoying...
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Hi AAACCC,
    I have an online business selling non cycling related items, what generally happens is our stock list for retail customers mirrors that of our supplier. The aligning of the stocklists is more often than not beneficial to everyone, obviously there are times when this doesn't work, but this allows smaller companies to operate with limited warehousing/storage facilities and keeps costs down to the consumer.
    I don't think companies try to pull a fast one or think customers are stupid. In my case in stock means the items are showing as in stock with the supplier and can be shipped the next working day (or same dame depending on the times)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ordered a few things from them, excellent service :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • AAACCC wrote:
    Didn't turn up after a week, email and check with them, got a auto reply dispatch email after that and tried to blame the manufacturer of delay in delivery. Curious is...when placed the order said 'in stock'. As usual trying to pull a fast one and think we are stupid, very annoying...

Welcome to the forum, and wel dun for resurrecting a 2 year old thread.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • AAACCC
    AAACCC Posts: 2
    w00dster wrote:
    Hi AAACCC,
    I have an online business selling non cycling related items, what generally happens is our stock list for retail customers mirrors that of our supplier. The aligning of the stocklists is more often than not beneficial to everyone, obviously there are times when this doesn't work, but this allows smaller companies to operate with limited warehousing/storage facilities and keeps costs down to the consumer.
    I don't think companies try to pull a fast one or think customers are stupid. In my case in stock means the items are showing as in stock with the supplier and can be shipped the next working day (or same dame depending on the times)

HI w00dster,

Do you mean you could sell any (anythingssss) on your online shop with showing stocks available? Then you could source from your suppliers/manufacturers once someone placed the order? :D:D