Deal Extreme delivery very slow, normal?

JamesB
JamesB Posts: 1,184
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone else found DX extreme to be very slow in delivery and responding to enquiries?

Ordered set lights 7 Feb; they now show as being dispatched 20 Feb. Nothing received :(:( , no response to email 3 days ago.

Very disappointing service indeed and just hope this is not their usual standard :(:( . Wish now I`d bought from a UK source

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    When the Magicshine lights first came out I ordered one from DX and it took 2 or 3 weeks for them to dispatch then about 3 weeks to arrive. I also emailed to ask what the hold up was and got not reply.

I ordered something recently from buy in coins (similar site to DX). They're quicker at dispatching stuff, but last time I ordered it still took over 2 weeks for it to arrive.

I suppose if you're ordering cheap from the other side of the world something's got to give somewhere.
  • JamesB
    I suppose if you're ordering cheap from the other side of the world something's got to give somewhere

yes I suppose so; I wasn`t expecting a quick delivery but 20-25 days seemed to be the DX timeline, and it`s 30+ now and no updates / replies from DX
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Normal? Yes. I think I waited about 6wks for my light. All I know is I'd forgotten I'd ordered it by the time it arrived. Bear in mind that that might be 20-25 working days too, plus that you ordered right in the middle of Chinese New Year.
  • JamesB
    Wondered about Chinese New Year, maybe that`s why shipping info showed dispatch 2 weeks after order confirmed.

Almost too have forgotten I`d orderdd them ! Patience though is a virtue and summer is coming--so by time they arrive ??? will I need them (yes actually) ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,093
    yep same story here of slow delivery and any issues are just ignored
  • JamesB
    Actually managed to contact them via the live chat, and just told to wait another week :( which will make it SEVEN weeks since date of order and nearly 5 weeks from dispatch date. NBG :x :x

Next issue though I guess, assuming no order ever gets thro` is how to get my money back ? Judging by my current dx.com experience this is going to be difficult; anyone any tips, eg via PayPal?
  • I waited 8 weeks for my lights a few years ago... they do eventually turn up lol.
  • JamesB
    Thanks for sharing that :)
    OK I`ll sit it out until end March, but have to have some lights by early April as night road riding on a 300km Audax beckons then
  • neo_24
    neo_24 Posts: 1
    Dealextreme slow, what a surprise...

If you search the internet you find many people who have the same problem.
    However there are many other chinese website's which don't have the same problems (for example buyincoins or banggood)

All of these chinese website's can be found on one central searching website: http://www.chinapricefinder.com
  • JamesB
    Thanks; actually reveived goods Thursday 21 March, orderded 4th Feb :( Look to be good lights (have UK / US adapter to come befoire can do full test rides), BUT I`ll bear in mind alternative Chinese suppliers next time !!