cwmcarn twrch trail diversions info

goytregrit
goytregrit Posts: 80
edited March 2013 in Routes
Rode trail yesterday and some work had been done along the trails. Diversion was in place from gatekeepers through archiues lift, meaning that you had to ride scenic drive About .5 mile down to the base of twmbarlwm. I'm not certain but it looked like the diversion will be in place at least for this weekend. All the trail from there down is as it was.

Comments

• Probably due to some big trees being blown over, had to hike a bike over them!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh they have been smoothing bits out much to my disgust.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I was there on Tuesday and thought the same, I used to like that bumpy section alongside the road but pretty smooth there now. I wondered whether there may have been some bad offs there as it did get a bit hairy at speed!
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    handful wrote:
    I was there on Tuesday and thought the same, I used to like that bumpy section alongside the road but pretty smooth there now. I wondered whether there may have been some bad offs there as it did get a bit hairy at speed!

Not sure i really care if there were, may sound harsh but it is rated red, Cwm is know for its technical rooty rocky sections, removing them is like murdering a trail.
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    If it carries on like this we'll all be riding on towpaths and the most technical thing will be who can stay dry through the puddles. Really annoys me as it is graded red as others have commented what we gonna have next them flattening out the DH run.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    It will soon erode out again and expose the roots and rocks.. Especially if we get another summer like last year!