2»

Comments

• farrina
    farrina Posts: 360
    edited March 2013
    coriordan wrote:
    This is roughly the official route:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/271836980
    The only thing I did differently was to head straight over the A27. I think the official route take a left then a right onto the A270 (or thereabouts)

Crikey looking at your average heart rate (and speeds) on Garmin Connect what were you riding - a guided missile ? Wish I could average those sort of speeds on my bike ....
    Best wishes
    Alan
    Regards
    Alan
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    t4tomo wrote:
    you'll just get frustrated by the amount of people who clealry onely ride very occasionally out on bikes for the day.
    Even with a 6am start?

I was planning to leave the house at 5, ride the 10 miles or so to the start, and hopefully be one of the first lot to set off.

6am You'll be OK. The only small downside speaking to those who did that is that you get to Brighton before Brighton has woken up hence the finish is pretty quiet. Later arrivals have the roads line with clapping seals greeting them home if thats you're kind of thing.

I did it on a tandem and wasn't able to start too early due to timings of first train from home into London.

General note you will not be able to any bike on any train back from Brighton, not even a folding one. The railway staff get quite insistant on it. God forbid they could lay on some special guards van type carriages specially for the day.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • mihajaru
    mihajaru Posts: 61
    adamski_8 wrote:
    I've entered today for a 6:30 start time, looking forward to it :) gonna aim for under 3hrs hopefully not too many walkers in front of me...anyone book the £24 coach back to clapham? Read there's no bikes allowed on trains.

Yeh, i booked one from brighton to clapham, I dont really have any other way to get back to london since the trains wont be accepting bikes on that day apparantly :)
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    you would think charity ruide organisiers would wise up to this and start doing circular routes. A to B on bike in numbers beens a major headache getting back to A again for most people.

when i did LtoB I ended up driving down to Brighton the day before, dropping the bike into the office in London on route, leavingthe car parked up safe in Brighton and getting the train home so i had someway of getting the bike back home after the ride.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    t4tomo wrote:
    you would think charity ruide organisiers would wise up to this and start doing circular routes. A to B on bike in numbers beens a major headache getting back to A again for most people.

You can always make it a circular route yourself :wink:
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    Thought about it, but I think the wife would consider me being with the children on fathers day more of a priority. Sunday 16 June nice clash for the day ride.
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race