Photo Editing

Bradders87
Bradders87 Posts: 93
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Hi guys,

Sorry for the random message, but I've just launched a new business after 2 years of development, and I'm pretty chuffed :D. I hope this doesn't count as advertising :?

It's called Repixl.com - and we photoshop your photos for you. Whether you want a background changed, an ex girlfriend removed from a photo, or stone chips removed from a photo of a frame, we'll do it for you! I'm rather pleased with the gallery/upload interface as well.

Registrations are manually activated at the moment, but I'll be sure to jump on any I see referred from here, and I'll happily throw you a free edit to take us through our paces. Comments good & bad will be very welcomely received.

Cheers!

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    If its not advertising, then what is it?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • A request for thoughts, opinions and an opportunity for me to give something back to the community?
  • Looks like advertising to me. If we all post our work contacts perhaps we can form a world wide business directory and crash the forum !
    Hills do make I sweat a lot
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Its blatant advertising but I can only commend you for that :wink:
    Also, I think the site works well, the point is put across without fuss, something lots of people forget and instead make a balls-up of the whole job.
    Hope the business works out for you.
    Living MY dream.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    I'll cut you a break as your other posts not advertising but this one does seem to be.

My feedback is the website looks good & I like the idea of cloud type storage, though am a keen photographer myself so the website may not be of much use to me as others.

Maybe people will be more accommodating if you use the words cycling photo editing or offer a discount something for BR members then perhaps the Mods and others might go easy on you.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Maybe people will be more accommodating if you use the words cycling photo editing or offer a discount something for BR members then perhaps the Mods and others might go easy on you.

Maybe my offer of free editing was lost in my first post :)

Anyway - any referrals from BR will get a free edit :D
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Bradders87 wrote:
    Maybe people will be more accommodating if you use the words cycling photo editing or offer a discount something for BR members then perhaps the Mods and others might go easy on you.

Maybe my offer of free editing was lost in my first post :)

Anyway - any referrals from BR will get a free edit :D

No I read your first post and was aware of the offer - will revise my statement "I'll cut you a break as your other posts seem not to be advertising but this one does seem to be. Maybe people will be more accommodating if you use the words cycling photo editing or offer a discount in the thread title to give something for BR members then perhaps the Mods and others might go easy on you."
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Not wanting to burst your bubble, and im sure you done your research but is this market not already saturated? I do alot of photography and know of loads of sites that do this for free.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Not wanting to burst your bubble, and im sure you done your research but is this market not already saturated? I do alot of photography and know of loads of sites that do this for free.
    If they're doing it for free, they'll be shite.

With a view to making a few extra quid in my spare time, I had a look at a number of sites that retouch pics for pennies, but the results were laughable, amateurish bollox. I you want something retouched well, pay the rate for someome who has spent the time and effort to learn to do it properly.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • smoggysteve
    I would agree. Thing is, there are sites that do it for free and, people see - free editing or pay per pic editing. I will take my chances with the free one first before I go to the pay one. If the pics are bad then they will pay, if they are happy then they wont and will stick with the free.

There are those that take quick snaps that don't care about editing.
    There are those that take pics that want editing properly of which are -
    Those who do it as a hobby or professionally who do it themselves
    And those who do it as a hobby who want it doing professionally.

Bit of a niche market, considering there are other sites doing it for free and those doing it for money also who are well established. Just saying , photo editing is something you can learn yourself and get good results if you really want it of you can go to a pro. Do a google search and find loads of them doing the same thing. And bearing in mind, google or bing is the first port of call for many people looking for something like "online photo editing", I don't see the OPs company on the first page of the lists. Thats how the online companies make their money, pay to get high up on the search engines lists. if you aint on them noone knows you exist.

I wish the OP luck, I really do. I am not trying to be a misery bringer. I am just being a realist.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Well I wish the OP well too, and I've registered. As with others, I'm unsure as to whether there's a market - I'm a moderately keen amateur tog and I do my own PSing, but if the balance between price and quality is right who knows.

Another risk no one's mentioned is that people's expectations need to be managed - if the punters expect miracles with completely shite images, it could backfire by reflecting badly on the OP's company.

Still, best of luck. Nice looking site so far - I'll have another look when the reg is confirmed.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Not wanting to burst your bubble, and im sure you done your research but is this market not already saturated? I do alot of photography and know of loads of sites that do this for free.

Hi Steve,

You've intrigued me, I've not come across sites that will professionally edit photos for free before. Could you provide some links?
  • chrisaonabike
    Ok, so I'm a bit disappointed that the free edit offer is only valid for 24 hours. I don't have anything I want editing at the moment, so I'm going to lose the offer.

I think it would be much better to have an offer code that either didn't expire, or had a validity of at least several months.

In general, I really, really hate 'free' offers that have a catch. It puts me right off, tbh. If you're interested in the feedback, most of the goodwill I had until I got the 'offer' email has now evaporated.

You might think it's trivial, and that I'm being unreasonable, but 'must hurry, offer only valid today' is in the category of 'weasel' that I hate about so many companies.
  • Bradders87
    Bradders87 Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so I'm a bit disappointed that the free edit offer is only valid for 24 hours. I don't have anything I want editing at the moment, so I'm going to lose the offer.

I think it would be much better to have an offer code that either didn't expire, or had a validity of at least several months.

In general, I really, really hate 'free' offers that have a catch. It puts me right off, tbh. If you're interested in the feedback, most of the goodwill I had until I got the 'offer' email has now evaporated.

You might think it's trivial, and that I'm being unreasonable, but 'must hurry, offer only valid today' is in the category of 'weasel' that I hate about so many companies.

Chris,

Sorry that you're not able to take advantage of the offer in 24 hours. It is the way it is for us to be able to control demand when using these offers and ensure we still provide a good service to all our users. If you'd like to email customerservice@repixl.com when you're in a position to try it out then I'll more than happily re-activate the offer.
  • smoggysteve
    Bradders87 wrote:

Hi Steve,

You've intrigued me, I've not come across sites that will professionally edit photos for free before. Could you provide some links?

Did I say "professionally edit photos for free"? mmm not sure I did. I said there are free sites and pay sites. never said free pro sites. I hope your research was a bit more thorough than the way your read my post.

Also, I was intrigued to find out a bit more about your site so thought I would register. Only, I get no log in , no registration details or email. mmm. Tell you what, this don't come across as very "professional" so I will look elsewhere. (This is not me per say, but someone looking to use a site that takes your registration email address then doesn't actually offer you any way onto the site.) Why would I hang around?
  • chrisaonabike
    Bradders87 wrote:
    Sorry that you're not able to take advantage of the offer in 24 hours. It is the way it is for us to be able to control demand when using these offers and ensure we still provide a good service to all our users. If you'd like to email customerservice@repixl.com when you're in a position to try it out then I'll more than happily re-activate the offer.
    Ok, fair play thanks.

Though I'm not convinced that claims on the offers trickling in at some random time after initially generated, is going to give you a more manageable workflow than claims arriving within 24 hours of a random trickle of new registrations.

(Other than if they expire and don't materialise at all, that is, says the cynic in me.)
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I always use this service:

http://www.photoshoprequest.com/

Check out some of their previous work here:

http://www.photoshoptroll.com/