one fork: 150/180 adj

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Right-o,
I've two bikes, the XC Moment and the DH Socom. The Moment has been built up before with 36s, a DHX and Flows, and rocked at pretty much everything. I don't really need a full 200mm boxxer on the Socom as many of the DH tracks I visit aren't rough enough to warrant one. The Boxxers (2005) don't have heaps of life left so I will need to replace them eventually. What I would like to do, is sell some 170mm Lyriks which I no longer have a use for to fund a single fork which can span both bikes. The Boxxers will live longer as I can save them for more taxing courses and I can have a bit more fun on the Moment by building it up.
I've been looking into the Suntour Durolux which is adjustble from 140/180, but the 140 is a bit short for my intentions. The importers say you can't add shims to increase the minimum which is gutting as otherwise, I'd just go for it. The TALAS 180 is also a 140/180, but the max and min can be adjusted via shims. However, they're crippling expensive new and rare second hand. What other options do I have? Selling the boxxers to fund two forks isn't really an option as they aren't worth anything now.

Comments