Bib Shorts ?

Simon-R7
Simon-R7 Posts: 59
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Having got a road bike last summer to compliment my MTB I recently took the plunge a bought some DHB Aeron Race bib shorts. Having previously used Endura lycra shorts, I did not thing bib shorts would make as much of a difference as they did. They stayed in place perfectly, were far more comfy. My a**e felt like it was in heaven :D

If anyone is unsure do it you wont regret it. just one question though do you wear your base layer under the shoulder straps or over them :?:

Comments

• lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    Simon-R7 wrote:
    Having got a road bike last summer to compliment my MTB I recently took the plunge a bought some DHB Aeron Race bib shorts. Having previously used Endura lycra shorts, I did not thing bib shorts would make as much of a difference as they did. They stayed in place perfectly, were far more comfy. My a**e felt like it was in heaven :D

If anyone is unsure do it you wont regret it. just one question though do you wear your base layer under the shoulder straps or over them :?:
    If I am wearing my bib tights I wear the base layer under the straps. If it's warm enough to wear shorts, I usually wouldn't be wearing a base layer.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    oxoman wrote:
    Definitely under the straps as you might get nipple rub otherwise, not nice.

You'll look very daft in summer wearing your jersey under the straps :wink:

Under the straps also makes life a bit easier if you have to stop for a call of nature (always assuming you have a full length zip on your jersey.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Under for me. I do wear a base layer in the summer but a craft mesh one as it helps with wicking the sweat away, this too goes under the straps.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Base layer under the straps.
    If no base layer, then I use a cream on my nipples to stop nipple rub ( I learnt the hard way while training for my first marathon as a runner. Got home and the Mrs though I had been beaten up there was so much blood mixed with sweat on my top)