dodgy bike for sale??????

gmccombe804
gmccombe804 Posts: 21
edited March 2013 in Road general
hey so i was trolling the internet recently and came across this website and another like it but not as cheap.
its based in North Sumatera. which is in Indonesia. and basically they're selling a 2011 model Felt AR5 for £417!!, which is incredibly cheap i think.
so im actually thinking of buying it but i dont know if ts a hoax, fake, scam or actually genuine!.....so i need your experience and knowledge to help me out on this please!, :)

here is the website.

http://donny-andika.com/products/Felt-A ... -Bike.html

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    If it looks too good to be true - then it probably is!! Personally I wouldnt risk £417 finding out
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Indonesia, dont touch them with a bargepole-def fake. Why not drop them a line telling them you are coming to Indonesia to visit friends and would like to pick up a bike while you are there. I bet you dont even get a reply.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • zbiegu
    zbiegu Posts: 42
    ademort wrote:
    Indonesia, dont touch them with a bargepole-def fake. Why not drop them a line telling them you are coming to Indonesia to visit friends and would like to pick up a bike while you are there. I bet you dont even get a reply.
    Ademort

Apart from that price do not include import tax ( at least a 100 quid)
    Ladies and Gentlemen please take my advice,
    drop down your pants and slide on the ice.
  • I remember seeing a few threads a couple of years ago about fakes coming out of Indonesia. Stay clear
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    I live in Singapore

All those sites are most definitely fake, don't waste your money.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    This doesn't look too promising http://www.ripoffreport.com/donny-andik ... -b612a.htm and there appears to be more where that came from.

I'd keep my money in my pocket if I were you.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I remember seeing a few threads a couple of years ago about fakes coming out of Indonesia. Stay clear
    fakes get real. there is nothing coming out. they just take your money and send nothing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    google them - loads of reports on them.

couple of points about fraud.
    1. its a 2 second job to scrape a legit site and build fake one
    2. lots of value in allowing you to go through the buy on line and then cancel the transaction - your data is worth about 10-50 quid.

and all that is before they take your cash.
    lastly you've got taxes to pay even if its legit. both import duty and vat unless you can show otherwise.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The site is also a 1 year turnaround due to expire on 30th april.
    Mr Sulaman Dhucatti registered it through a verisign and as above is fake.
    I have the home address of the registration signee and it doesnt look like a place where a bike shop owner would live (hell hole).
    Living MY dream.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    VTech wrote:
    The site is also a 1 year turnaround due to expire on 30th april.
    Mr Sulaman Dhucatti registered it through a verisign and as above is fake.
    I have the home address of the registration signee and it doesnt look like a place where a bike shop owner would live (hell hole).

That will be all Mr bond.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I don't know, they sell Campag Shamal's for £200. That is a very generous price. They must be nice guys.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Go for it, probably legit if your initial feeling was high enough to consider asking on here.
    Dont forget to leave a review of the bike when it arrives.

If it goes pear shaped and you lose your cash, I can link you up with this Nigerian guy who will quadruple any money you send him :wink:
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Carbonator wrote:
    Go for it, probably legit if your initial feeling was high enough to consider asking on here.
    Dont forget to leave a review of the bike when it arrives.

If it goes pear shaped and you lose your cash, I can link you up with this Nigerian guy who will quadruple any money you send him :wink:

Ive tracked him down as well and to be honest, I just dont like the look of him !

fonejacker.jpg
    Living MY dream.