Wheel Upgrade - Swiss Side Francs

Flambes
Flambes Posts: 191
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
Just arrived today - Swiss Side Franc Evo2 Wheelset.
Slightly lighter (and a bit more blingy) than my RS80s. Seem well built. Come with wheelbag and spare spokes (is that a good sign :? !!)
They're called Swiss Side, made in Taiwan and dispatched from the UK!

£270 from Ebay.

Not many reviews around then 'net, thought I'd take a punt, here's one review of the non Evo Francs:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/2012/07/four-months-road-swiss-side-franc-wheels/

Trigon_Swiss1.jpg
Trigon_Swiss2.jpg

Comments

• pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    e3773fc3-e90a-4ce4-b971-1c89f7b7448f_zpsb02ff81e.jpg

Nice but I prefer these.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Flambes
    Look nice, but at 2200 gm a pair........I'll keep my <1500gm Francs!
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    Yeah if you want deep section bling youve got to take a weight hit, luckily I weigh 9 and a half stone, shaving grams is never gonna be an issue for me lol. That bike weighs just under 9kgs with those bitches on.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • I got hold of a pair of the francs just before Christmas and I really like them. Seem well built and climb very well.
    I took a bit of a punt with them as I couldn't find any reviews for the evo 2's but I'm very pleased. Just in the process of getting some carbon tubs as race wheels now as these are perfect for my everyday needs.
    Plus I like the fact you don't see them around very often :)
  • Flambes
    Cool, glad you like them! That'll be two reviews on the net then!
    How did they look on the Stealth? My mate is tempted by these as well, and he has a (very black) Stealth as well.
  • I have to admit I wasn't sure with the white spokes so I've just painted them black and left the two red, one white spokes as they are. But the white hubs look really good against the rest of the black. A lot of interest in the hubs actually as they're quite nice looking
  • SPOC
    SPOC Posts: 109
    I've got the Heidi Shadows, the slightly heavier and cheaper swiss side at about 1.590kg a pair.

Excellent wheels, thinking about buying another set before they go up in price. Paid 180 brand new on eBay for the set, absolute bargain for the weight.

Will be interesting to see how they hold up under pretty heavy use from me.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I like the lines of the bike. Nice. :)
  • jaydot
    jaydot Posts: 2
    Just got a pair of the evo 2, seem very well made but haven't tried them yet. Taking a bit of a risk as the Max weight for these is 90kg and I "hover" around that weight! But I'm sure (hope) there is a big safety margin in the spec! :-)
  • Alexvs
    Alexvs Posts: 52
    Sorry to dig this up but I've been looking around at some wheels and found these which you have and there really are little to no reviews around. How have you got on with them the last 2 months and also who on Ebay did you buy them from as that's a really good price? Direct from Swiss side they work out at about £358 which is in line with the RS80's that I'm considering also.

Thanks
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Impressive re-surrection.
    If I may say. :D
  • Any more feedback on these wheels ? I've just ordered a set of Swissside Gotthards for a "nothing to lose" price on Ebay and would be interested to hear other users thoughts as there is still little info to be found on the internet about them.
  • Did London to Paris on my francs last July and i honestly can't fault them. I expect the gotthards will be very similar just maybe a little bit more bomb proof, not that mine have come out of true or had any issues.
  • dun247
    dun247 Posts: 31
    Got a set of Heidi Shadows last year. Cannot fault them. Ive put Michelin P3s on and they roll so nicely. Waiting for the Hadron set to come out now. Bang for you buck the Swiss sides are simply the best. If you do a google search Im sure you can find some critic reviews.