Hallelujah!

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited March 2013 in Commuting chat
So after breaking my arm in late Jan, my plaster cast finally comes off on Friday! I really want to get back on the bike asap, although I need to prepare myself mentally for not being able to cycle on a daily basis right away, other people seem to have said that it takes weeks or months to be fully back up to speed...

I'm so ready to get the cast off... In the past week or so I've been more and more able to use my left arm and the top of the cast has got wet and now it's started to stink a bit and the skin under it is permanently damp... I think I'm going to get trench hand...
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    I would remove it quickly as you can: you don't want to get any infection!
    Also you could use a turbo at home, I think it's a great way to keep fit while injured
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    Or get some rollers. I absolutely LOVE mine and the balance required means that you can't put too much weight on your hands in any case.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Bit of advice, I had my hand in plaster for about 3 weeks, but used the turbo. Got sweatty and the cast did start to stink. Thank god it wasn't on much longer.

Get working on building it up ASAP !
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I haven't done anything since the crash, since the plaster went on, so it's been 6 weeks with no exercise whatsoever... I can feel that I've put on a bit of weight round the middle. I haven't got rollers or a turbo, will have to rely on getting out on the road from Fri or use the spin bike things at the gym...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Excellent news, good luck with it.