Big smiles today because...

superfourben
superfourben Posts: 59
edited March 2013 in Road general
.. after a six week contract working in London, commuting from Brighton by train every day for six days a week with early starts and late finishes, I restarted my usual 24 mile commute this morning by cycle. Woke up to glorious sunshine and on the bike at 08.30 it was even almost warm. 12 miles to work made me smile so much and the 12 miles back into the sunset made me even happier! Just had to share that with you all :D:D:D

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I left in the morning when there was still a definite chill in the air in London, but this evening was glorious. Sadly I only had my winter gear and had to sweat a little more on the way home but what a great night for cycling!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Lycra-Byka
    Lycra-Byka Posts: 292
    It's a liberating feeling being back on a bike after so long not being able too. Reminds you why you love it so much. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.(sp?)

Makes the legs weaker mind...
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Tell me about it, I was off for 2 weeks being ill and my legs felt like wet sand!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ianbz
    ianbz Posts: 27
    I left in the freezing fog this morning and got home in the fog this afternoon. Went out on bikes with my son in the fog later, but I know what you mean when it brings a smile to your face, not quite there with the lad, but well get there!!!
  • Absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder, had been waiting for a good ride for a long time, I similarly had winter gear on and was a bit warm this evening, especially hot hands but didn't mind at all!

And it makes the legs weaker, I was no where near my best time of 37 mins!! :)
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    The slower you go the more time you get to enjoy it :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.