Bike valuation can you help

naffa
naffa Posts: 126
edited March 2013 in The hub
I need to provide a valuation of my bike for insurance purposes following a recent rta.
I have built my bike myself buying everything secondhand off various forums and as such I have no receipts.
I'll give the spec and maybe some of you would help me find its value?

Dirty - Jo semi creme frame with superstar headset and seat post.
2013 RS Reba rlt forks. (I have a receipt for these £300 4 months ago)
Avid Elixir 5 brakes with Hope floating rotors.
26" DT Swiss xr 4.2 rims with dt db spokes on Magura comp hubs, nobby nic tyres.
2x10 Sram x7 shifters and chainset, x9 rear mech and xt front mech.
Truvativ carbon bars
Charge spoon saddle.
Think thats everything.

The bike was in excellent well maintained condition prior to the rta. The damage as a result of the rta is minimal, a couple of stone chips to the top tube, damage to the x9 rear mech and a scuff to the saddle. (I took the brunt of the impact).

I suppose in seeking a valuation I'm probably asking what would you pay for a bike like this? The more realistic answers I get the better case can be presented for my claim.

I appreciate any help you can give me .

DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg
Cheers Nathan.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Valuations are against the rules, but if that's all the damage you don't need a valuation on the bike, just the cost of mech, saddle and a respray if it needs one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • if its an insurance claim and a home built bike, get a friendly bike shop to give you a written estimate.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Not going to give a valuation but doesn't your insurer replace new for old regardless of second hand or not.

I.e. what's the RRP of the items and you'll be there.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd pay no more than £400 for it.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I need to provide a valuation of my bike for insurance purposes following a recent rta.

first find out what the insurance company actually want.

then take it to a bike shop pay the valuation fee and come back later for the piece of headed paper with value on it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd be looking at paying £300-350 tops.....

However as stated, get a valuation for the repair, or in terms of scratches to what is a £100 frame (new) a 'loss of value' and get that....it's an MTB!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.