Shimano bleed kits

gjmoore
gjmoore Posts: 9
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,
I may be having a moment but can anyone point me in the direction where I can buy a complete bleed kit for Shimano disk brakes as Ive looked on their website and in a number of the major bike stores and cant find a complete kit? If this isnt available can someone advise what indidvidual items I need as I understand there are some specific items required for Shimano brakes.

Cheers in advance
Gav

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Google Epic bleed kits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    which model of shimano disc brakes?

the early one have a bleed nipple so require 7 mm spanner, a short piece of pvc hose and a small jar to bleed. the later ones look to me to require two syringes.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For older ones you just need a syringe and small length of tube (plus 7mm spanner and phillips screwdriver) plus the fluid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I sent for one of the epic shimano bleed kits after reading recommendations above. It arrived today and can confirm that it's a 100 time better than the standard shimano one. I think my mother could bleed brakes with one of these.