Five Ten Karver?

mickus
mickus Posts: 199
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Looking at getting some new daps and currently liking the look of the five ten karver.

I'll be ordering online and want to avoid returns if possible so any help is appreciated.

Is their sizing good? I have size 9 feet that are wide ish,so have to go 10 with some shoes. No LBS selling them that I can find to try them on.

Should I seriously consider another shoe? From the reviews I've read you can't really beat five ten for riding with flats.

Also, if anyone knows anywhere selling them cheap I'd love to know about it!

Cheers.

Comments

• Wrekin 7
    Wrekin 7 Posts: 13
    Brought a pair in December very pleased with them really comfortable and very grippy ,size wise I to are a 9 and brought the 9s . Hope this helps pal . atb
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I have a set of the Danny Macs Freeride and they are superb. I'm size 10 and bought the size 10 shoe, they fit perfect and are seriously grippy. The look real good too and can be worn as a normal shoe as well as for biking. I got them at trade price so even better! One of the better ways for getting the cheaper deals is to search for them on Google Shopping. It brings up eBay shops and smaller websites you may not think to look on.

A friend of mine has 2 pairs of Freeriders and he swears by them, just to throw another spanner in the works!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have had Five Tens. There sizing seems to be about right. They are extremely grippy but they absorb huge amounts of water. Shimano AM41's are very nearly as grippy but better built and better suited to UK weather conditions. I wouldn't go back to Five Ten's.
  • dlangers
    dlangers Posts: 18
    i have just brought some karvers and their sizing is spot on.