I think that there is something wrong with me

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited March 2013 in Commuting chat
but I don't know why I'm telling you lot; as you must be about as barking as I am.

-3 this morning. Frozen fog and the roads icy.

So I cycled in on the Felt with the GP 4Seasons.

I got to work and I am covered in hoar frost. Every crease on the jacket has ice on it, my camera lens is solid ice (and I mean a thick coating of it - it looked like stained glass), both front lights (MJ808e and a Vision 1) have ice coating the lenses, the handlebars are white, my black gloves are white. I was scraping ice off the glasses to be able to see every other minute. There's not a front facing bit of the bike or me that doesn't have a dusting of ice on it.

and I was giggling like a loon :lol: I'm surveying the ice covering while I'm parking up the bike and laughing like a drain. A woman going to smoking area is looking at me like I'm a nutter and me laughing while showing her all the ice on the lights didn't help.

God that was COLD, but what a laugh! (and it's meant to be blazing sunshine and really warm for the ride home. I love our weather sometimes :D )
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    sounds fun. I'd totally have you sanctioned though, Derby innit.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I started out in bright sunshine with a bit of low lying mist - one back light on

and ended up in thick fog ... both back lights on and the front light on too!

Fortunately no ice, but did have to keep wiping the dew from my eyes ...
    Amazed at the idiot car drivers who insisted on driving with NO LIGHTS ON ... despite visibility of <70 meters
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112

I would sanction KB being sectioned....
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Rule 9. No doubt. Followed by section 52 (possibly 2). No frozen eyeballs though?

I fell off my bike this morning. I was stopped, waiting to proceed onto the roundabout where the A41 intersects with the M53. It is, as it sounds, a busy, slightly scary place. I saw a gap and put the hammer down. Unfortunately, my direction of travel was directly downwards, as my back wheel attempted to overtake the front. Damned black ice! Damned half-asleep, slightly rubbish cyclist! Gave the waiting traffic a good laugh though.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    gtvlusso wrote:

I would sanction KB being sectioned....

FACEPALM.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Kieran_Burns
    I would like to point out that I am perfectly sane, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I would like to point out that I am perfectly sane, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary....

That's exactly what any nutter would say...
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    Can't see this fog lifting at all today.
    I had a weird ride in too never seen my helmet cry before, I thought I'd upset the cycling gods..

no ice but plenty of stupid drivers coming on & off the M1 without any lights at all, an it was barely 50m visibility
  • Kieran_Burns
    My boss at home in Brum says it's blazing sunshine where he is at the moment, it's still low cloud here but definitely brightening up
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    My boss at home in Brum says it's blazing sunshine where he is at the moment, it's still low cloud here but definitely brightening up

He's right. it's bloody lovely in Brum. Just been for a walk and saw a chap in shorts! SHORTS!!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mmuk
    mmuk Posts: 398
    shorts in evidence in sunny West Norfolk too - its a Boooootiful day here (a nice, long ride home, I think....)

MM
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    prawny wrote:

He's right. it's bloody lovely in Brum. Just been for a walk and saw a chap in shorts! SHORTS!!

Same down south in Brizzle, girls in their summer clothing :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    redvee wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Same down south in Brizzle, girls in their summer clothing :D

Can I also add that it's pi$$ing it down with sunshine in Derby! :D
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Dry and sunny in Manchester, and actually nice and warm now. Was only -1 this morning.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    bushu wrote:
    I had a weird ride in too never seen my helmet cry before, I thought I'd upset the cycling gods..

Thanks for sharing. :shock:
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    davis wrote:
    bushu wrote:

Thanks for sharing. :shock:
    :lol: :oops:
    still blanket fog here though :?